The data science revolution is changing how we use statistical analysis to address important social questions. You will tailor your studies in one of our concentrations to meet your particular interests in the field of applied statistics.
Prepare to build research-practice partnerships, become knowledgeable of ethical concerns surrounding data collection and use, and communicate effectively and succinctly research findings and their implications. The Applied Statistics for Social Science Research MSc program from New York University is one of the first degree programs in the world to focus on the real-world challenges of using data to inform policy and practice.
Career and Outcomes
- Help shape the design of a research project or study
- Play an important role in implementing the study or survey
- Be responsible for collecting, organizing, and analyzing the data from various primary and/or secondary resources
- Help develop guidelines or protocols for collecting the data and extrapolating findings from the data
- Work with sophisticated data management and statistical software to undertake your analyses and write reports on your findings
- Explain past behavior, identify likely outcomes and scenarios, explore future trends, and make projections
- Intermediate Quantitative Methods
- Regression and Multivariate Data Analysis
- Advanced Modeling: Topics in Multivariate Analysis
- Data Science for Social Impact
- Causal Inference
- Practicum in Statistical Computing & Simulation
- Multilevel Models: Nested Data
- Multilevel Models: Growth Curves
- 12 months
Start dates & application deadlines
- Apply before
DisciplinesSociology Statistics Actuarial Science View 521 other Masters in Statistics in United States
- Statement of Purpose
- ASSR Statement
- Submit two letters of recommendation
- GRE score
- Proficiency in English
International63478 USD/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 63478 USD for the full programme during 12 months.
National63478 USD/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 63478 USD for the full programme during 12 months.
- up to $82,148 for 44 credits
Living costs for New York City
The living costs include the total expenses per month, covering accommodation, public transportation, utilities (electricity, internet), books and groceries.
Studyportals Tip: Students can search online for independent or external scholarships that can help fund their studies. Check the scholarships to see whether you are eligible to apply. Many scholarships are either merit-based or needs-based.
Apply and win up to €10000 to cover your tuition fees.