You will obtain skills in participatory processes and conflict management in the field of natural resource management. You will also gain advanced project management and leadership skills and be able to improve your communication skills. The degree title is Master of Natural Resources.
The Natural Resources Management program at Novia University of Applied Sciences comprise 60 ECTS (30 ECTS consist of 7 courses and 30 ECTS of the thesis) and are completed in two years. The major part of the studies and instruction is conducted using a learning platform, with the option to conduct the studies virtually 100 %.
The studies consist of virtual components and intensive course weeks (one-two per academic term) at campus Raseborg in Ekenäs with an option to conduct the studies virtually. Independently of this, it is mandatory to visit Finland to get the original version(s) of previous degree certificate(s) checked and to strengthen one’s personal identity when initiating the studies. The thesis work is realized as a research and development project related to working life.
- Graduates can pursue careers in e.g., governmental departments and agencies, environmental agencies (private and public), consulting companies, producers of products from natural resources, and non-governmental organizations.
- A future career in research and development is also a possibility, as well as becoming self-employed.
More informationVisit official programme website
- Natural Resources Management
- Research Methodology
- Basics in GIS
- 24 months
Start dates & application deadlines
- Apply before
DisciplinesNatural Sciences Natural Resource Management
We are not aware of any academic requirements for this programme.
We are not aware of any English requirements for this programme.
- You need a Bachelor degree certificate (undergraduate degree EQF 6, or equivalent document), including transcript of records (a record of completed courses and grades).
- If your Bachelor degree certificate is not issued in English, Swedish or Finnish you need an authorised translation of the document into English, Swedish or Finnish.
- You need at least two years (24 months) of work experience obtained after your Bachelor degree that can be verified by employment certificates issued by your employer.
- You need to have good English language skills. Your language skills will be tested in the entrance examination(s). A separate language test is not necessary in the application. In order to be successful in your studies, your English language skills should be at least level B2 according to the Common European Framework of Reference (CEFR).
- All Master degree programmes have a mandatory pre-task and/or CV requirement.
International9000 EUR/yearTuition FeeBased on the original amount of 9000 EUR per year and a duration of 24 months.
EU/EEAFreeTuition FeeBased on the original amount of 0 EUR per year and a duration of 24 months.
Studyportals Tip: Students can search online for independent or external scholarships that can help fund their studies. Check the scholarships to see whether you are eligible to apply. Many scholarships are either merit-based or needs-based.
Getting a Student Visa
This is an online programme. You can attend from the comfort of your chair! So you don't need a student visa!
Apply and win up to €10000 to cover your tuition fees.
Updated in the last 6 months
Check the official programme website for potential updates.