Taught by molecular imaging experts supported by state-of-the-art facilities, the Master of Molecular Imaging Technology aims at developing international leaders in this exciting field. This Molecular Imaging Technology program is offered by the University of Queensland.
The unique 1.5 year program has been designed for graduates with a background in chemistry, biology, physics, computer science, engineering, radiography and nuclear medicine technology who wish to gain an in-depth knowledge of molecular imaging.
You'll cover all key aspects of the subject, including optical imaging, ultrasound photo-acoustic imaging, single photon emission tomography, positron emission tomography, computed tomography, magnetic resonance imaging and hybrid imaging technologies. You'll also learn about the latest molecular imaging probes, contrast agents and radio-pharmaceuticals for nuclear medicine, as well as the importance of quality control involved in clinical molecular imaging.
- Access the most comprehensive and advanced range of magnetic resonance instrumentation in the Southern Hemisphere.
- Gain practical experience with a semester-long research project.
- Graduate equipped to drive advances in disease diagnostics, molecular characterisation and drug discovery.
- Organise your study around professional and personal commitments, with all courses able to be completed online.
Career possibilitiesPostgraduate study can take you anywhere. Here are some of the careers you could be on your way to:
- Clinical imaging technologist
- Biomedical imaging manager
- Biotechnology physicist
- Radiation oncologist
- Molecular pathologist
Get more detailsVisit official programme website
- Molecular Targets and Imaging Probes
- Clinical Molecular Imaging
- Radiotracer Based Imaging
- Magnetic Resonance Imaging: Fundamentals
- Molecular Imaging Advanced
- Cell-labelling and tracking technologies in MR and molecular imaging
- Minor Research Project
- MR-PET Hardware and Software Integration
- Clinical Magnetic Resonance Imaging
- 18 months
Start dates & application deadlines
- Apply before , National
- Apply before , International
DisciplinesMolecular Sciences Biochemistry View 6 other Masters in Molecular Sciences in Australia
CRICOS code: 096018G
- Bachelor's degree in applied science, medical imaging, chemistry, pharmacy, physics, computer science or electrical and biomedical engineering or an approved discipline.
- UQ or equivalent GPA of 4 or above on a 7 point scale
International45920 AUD/yearTuition FeeBased on the original amount of 45920 AUD per year and a duration of 18 months.
National28640 AUD/yearTuition FeeBased on the original amount of 28640 AUD per year and a duration of 18 months.
Studyportals Tip: Students can search online for independent or external scholarships that can help fund their studies. Check the scholarships to see whether you are eligible to apply. Many scholarships are either merit-based or needs-based.
Apply and win up to €10000 to cover your tuition fees.
Updated in the last 6 months
Check the official programme website for potential updates.