Occupational Health and Safety Science offered at the University of Queensland program addresses well-established industry hazards (chemical, physical, mechanical, biological and psychosocial) within the context of the core OHS disciplines - Occupational Hygiene, Ergonomics, Occupational Health, Safety Science and Risk Management. In addition students will conduct industry based research.
Students will learn from some of the leading OHS experts in Australia in a program that has been developed in response to industry demands for highly-qualified OHS Professionals. In this #32 MOHSSc program, students will study a range of complimentary disciplines including research, environmental management, business and engineering to further fortify their work-readiness.
Graduates will possess a unique combination of technical knowledge, advance communication skills and a strong sense of social justice, leading to a career that will make a difference to workers and workplaces.
This degree is accredited by the Australian Occupational Health and Safety Education Accreditation Board. This program will assist in achieving membership, and subsequent professional certification with the Safety Institute of Australia.
Graduates may be eligible for membership with the following professional bodies:
- Australian Institute of Occupational Hygienists Inc
- Safety Institute of Australia Ltd
- Human Factors and Ergonomics Society of Australia Inc.
Australian Occupational Health and Safety Education Accreditation Board
Get more detailsVisit official programme website
- Systems Safety Engineering
- Environmental Management Principles and Approaches
- Research Philosophy, Design & Implementation
- Occupational Health & Safety Law
- Managing Organisational Behaviour
- Occupational Safety Science
- Occupational Hygiene
- Occupational Health
- Occupational Health & Safety Management Systems
- Risk Management
- Physical Ergonomics
- Industry Research Project in Occupational Health and Safety
- Professional Practice & Emerging Issues in Occupational Health and Safety
- 24 months
Start dates & application deadlines
- Apply before , National
- Apply before , International
- Apply before , National
- Deadline passed, International
DisciplinesPublic Health Health Sciences View 201 other Masters in Public Health in Australia
CRICOS code: 092059G
- Bachelor degree in any field and have completed first year university level science.
- UQ or equivalent GPA of 4 or above on a 7 point scale.
International41040 AUD/yearTuition FeeBased on the original amount of 41040 AUD per year and a duration of 24 months.
National28160 AUD/yearTuition FeeBased on the original amount of 28160 AUD per year and a duration of 24 months.
Studyportals Tip: Students can search online for independent or external scholarships that can help fund their studies. Check the scholarships to see whether you are eligible to apply. Many scholarships are either merit-based or needs-based.
Apply and win up to €10000 to cover your tuition fees.
Updated in the last 9 months
Check the official programme website for potential updates.