Quakerism in the Modern World (DL) degree offered at Lancaster University is designed to introduce you to the theories, issues and processes connected with the history, theology and sociology of Quakerism in a global context. It offers training in research methods and includes a module on the theories of international relations to help you better understand the modern global context.The programme is especially relevant if you are interested in Quaker theology and history, the adaptation of religious groups to new social and geographical settings, globalisation and religion, and secularisation and Quakerism in a changing political environment.
Get more detailsVisit official programme website
- Theory and Methods in Postgraduate Studies (distance)
- Quakerism, Peace and Justice (distance)
- Dissertation (distance)
- Quaker Theology in Context (distance)
- The Sociology of Contemporary Quakerism (distance)
- Faith Debates: Religion, Society and Politics (distance learning)
- Religion and Conflict (distance learning)
- Major Approaches to the Study of International Relations (distance)
- 12 months
- 24 months
Start dates & application deadlines
- StartingApply anytime.
DisciplinesHistory Religious Studies & Theology View 487 other Masters in History in United Kingdom
- Entry requirements: An upper second class honours degree, or its equivalent.
- Assessment: A combination of participation in weekly learning activities, essays and a dissertation
International18800 GBP/yearTuition FeeBased on the original amount of 18800 GBP per year and a duration of 12 months.
EU/EEA8920 GBP/yearTuition FeeBased on the original amount of 8920 GBP per year and a duration of 12 months.
Part Time (per year)
- UK/EU: £4,460
- Overseas: £9,400
Studyportals Tip: Students can search online for independent or external scholarships that can help fund their studies. Check the scholarships to see whether you are eligible to apply. Many scholarships are either merit-based or needs-based.
Apply and win up to €10000 to cover your tuition fees.
Due for update
Updated over a year ago
Check the official programme website for potential updates.