This Public Policy programme from London School of Economics and Political Science will equip you with the knowledge, understanding and experience you need to accelerate – and thrive in – your career.
In particular, the MPP offers you:
- an in-depth study of public management: the tools and approaches needed to reform and enhance public service provision
- a comprehensive understanding of the public management profession from legal, financial and ethical perspectives, allowing our graduates to understand – and to challenge – the advice received from experts
- an intensive nine-month schedule, allowing you to take a career break, develop your skills, and return to your profession quickly
The MPP is designed for early to mid career professionals seeking to enhance their skill set and set themselves on a course for rapid career progression in their field. We expect applicants to include government officials, political advisers and those navigating the interface between the private and public sectors. Whether based in the public or private sector, with your enhanced skills, you will be able to make formidable contributions to policy development.
LSE Careers will provide tailored individual support with your professional development and job search throughout the programme. They offer one-to-one Career Consultant sessions, access to employers with career fairs, seminars and workshops, a vast database of employment opportunities via the LSE Career Hub, and help with job hunting, CVs/resumes and interviews.
LSE Careers Consultants make sure that you receive the best possible support in developing your career plans during your time studying. As a student of the School of Public Policy, you will have access to an expert Careers Consultant who will understand your field of work and your future career plans. Your LSE Careers Consultant can guide and develop your ideas to present your skills and experience to employers in the best possible way.
- Political Science for Public Policy
- Quantitative Methods for Public Policy
- Public Management
- Economics for Public Policy
- Public Policy Applications
- Philosophy for Public Policy
- 9 months
Start dates & application deadlines
- StartingApply anytime.
DisciplinesEconomics Public Policy Political Science View 510 other Masters in Economics in United Kingdom
- 2:1 degree or equivalent in any discipline. In addition, applicants must have at least three years of policy-relevant experience. We expect the typical work experience of our cohort to be five or more years.
International36558 GBP/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 36558 GBP per year during 9 months.
National36558 GBP/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 36558 GBP per year during 9 months.
Living costs for London
The living costs include the total expenses per month, covering accommodation, public transportation, utilities (electricity, internet), books and groceries.
Studyportals Tip: Students can search online for independent or external scholarships that can help fund their studies. Check the scholarships to see whether you are eligible to apply. Many scholarships are either merit-based or needs-based.
Apply and win up to €10000 to cover your tuition fees.