Leather is returning to prominence as nearly all alternatives require the use of non-renewable carbon-based materials. Scientific advances combined with environmental responsibility have transformed the leather manufacture industry into a modern scientific process, creating a highly sustainable material with high value in many sectors such as sports, automobiles, luxury goods and fashion.
The Leather Technology (Professional) course from University of Northampton will give you the opportunity to enhance your technical skills. We encourage you to develop intellectual creativity and we will provide you with the skills you need to research advanced technologies.
You will learn how to discern the differences between technical and entrepreneurial issues, relating them to the needs of the leather industry. We are one of the foremost centres for leather education in the world and we are dedicated to delivering theoretical and practical education at the highest standards.
When you graduate from this course, you will find yourself in high demand from employers. We have requests from more employers than we have graduates to fill their vacancies. Roles include technical management, higher education and govemment bodies, as well as materials production and chemical industries.
Get more detailsVisit official programme website
- Advanced Leather Processing
- Advanced Leather Finishing
- Quality Evaluation and Systematic Problem Solving
- Research and Analytical Methods
- Sustainable Manufacture within the Leather Industry
- Hide to High Street
- Leather Science
- Marketing: Principles and Management
- 12 months
- 24 months
Start dates & application deadlines
- StartingApply anytime.
DisciplinesMaterials Science & Engineering View 96 other Masters in Materials Science & Engineering in United Kingdom
- Applicants will normally hold a recognised first or second class honours degree from a UK university or international equivalent in a relevant subject area.
- Students with lower level qualifications or qualifications in a different subject area, but relevant experience in the leather industry will also be considered on an individual basis
International13750 GBP/yearTuition FeeBased on the original amount of 13750 GBP per year and a duration of 12 months.
EU/EEA6840 GBP/yearTuition FeeBased on the original amount of 6840 GBP per year and a duration of 12 months.
Part Time: £760 per 20 credits
Studyportals Tip: Students can search online for independent or external scholarships that can help fund their studies. Check the scholarships to see whether you are eligible to apply. Many scholarships are either merit-based or needs-based.
Apply and win up to €10000 to cover your tuition fees.
Updated in the last 6 months
Check the official programme website for potential updates.