This Conducting (Emphasis choral conducting) program from University of British Columbia is a selective program designed to give the aspiring professional and/or academic choral conductor exceptional training and experience at the graduate level.
The program features four core components: extensive podium time with the UBC choral ensembles, an intensive two-year seminar in choral history and literature, high-level performance opportunities of both a cappella choral works and choral/orchestral masterworks, and individual instruction and guidance from the director of choral activities.
- Music Research
- Seminar in Conducting and Repertoire
- Music Performance (conducting lessons)
- Large Ensemble
We are not aware of any academic requirements for this programme.
- All applicants have to submit transcripts from all past post-secondary study.
- A minimum of three references are required for application to graduate programs at UBC. References should be requested from individuals who are prepared to provide a report on your academic ability and qualifications.
- Many programs require a statement of interest, sometimes called a "statement of intent", "description of research interests" or something similar.
- Permanent Residents of Canada must provide a clear photocopy of both sides of the Permanent Resident card
International18645 CAD/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 18645 CAD per year during 24 months.
National5095 CAD/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 5095 CAD per year during 24 months.
Living costs for Vancouver
The living costs include the total expenses per month, covering accommodation, public transportation, utilities (electricity, internet), books and groceries.
Studyportals Tip: Students can search online for independent or external scholarships that can help fund their studies. Check the scholarships to see whether you are eligible to apply. Many scholarships are either merit-based or needs-based.
Apply and win up to €10000 to cover your tuition fees.