Chemical and Chemical & Biological engineers create and develop processes to change raw materials into the products that society depends on; food, chemicals, fuels, energy, metals, pharmaceuticals, paper, plastics, and personal care products.
Chemical and process engineers help to manage natural resources, protect the environment, control health and safety procedures, and recycle materials, while developing and managing the processes which make the products we use.
What makes the program unique?
Research funding per grant holder is amongst the highest for chemical engineering departments in Canada. Several faculty members have won national and international recognition for their research contributions and many former students have gone on to become leaders in industry and academia in Canada and abroad.
The Department of Chemical and Biological Engineering from University of British Columbia facilities include a building with extensive custom research labs designed for quality world class research activities.
Chemical engineers have a myriad career choices. Chemical engineers find employment globally in industry, government, research and medicine, the opportunities are endless. Many chemical engineers have gone on to become managers, company executives, entrepreneurs and leaders of government and non-government organizations.
Chemical engineers are highly employable and there continues to be a growing demand for chemical engineers.
- Advanced Reactor Design
- Engineering Thermodynamics and Statistical Mechanics
- Math Operations in Chemical Engineering
- Momentum, Heat and Mass Transfer
- Biological Engineering
- 24 months
Start dates & application deadlines
- Apply before
DisciplinesBio & Biomedical Engineering Chemical Engineering Chemistry View 38 other Masters in Bio & Biomedical Engineering in Canada
We are not aware of any academic requirements for this programme.
- All applicants have to submit transcripts from all past post-secondary study.
- A minimum of three references are required for application to graduate programs at UBC. References should be requested from individuals who are prepared to provide a report on your academic ability and qualifications.
- Many programs require a statement of interest, sometimes called a "statement of intent", "description of research interests" or something similar.
- Permanent Residents of Canada must provide a clear photocopy of both sides of the Permanent Resident card
International8952 CAD/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 8952 CAD per year during 24 months.
National5095 CAD/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 5095 CAD per year during 24 months.
Living costs for Vancouver
The living costs include the total expenses per month, covering accommodation, public transportation, utilities (electricity, internet), books and groceries.
Studyportals Tip: Students can search online for independent or external scholarships that can help fund their studies. Check the scholarships to see whether you are eligible to apply. Many scholarships are either merit-based or needs-based.
Apply and win up to €10000 to cover your tuition fees.
Updated in the last year
Check the official programme website for potential updates.