The Master of Biotechnology Research Extensive program from University of Queensland is designed for scientists who wish to increase their technical and research skills in core areas of biotechnology, and to obtain a more extended laboratory immersion than is available in the three semester MBiotech. The extended program also provides strong preparation for entry into a PhD program.
For your two years of full-time studies, you'll select from more than 30 courses, allowing you to tailor your studies to suit your interests and career goals.
In Semester 1, UQ will be teaching courses on campus and online. Delivery modes vary for each course and may change in future semesters.
Specialise in Agricultural Biotechnology to discover how to meet environmental and food security challenges with gene editing, genomics, proteomics, recombinant DNA technology, bioinformatics and disease diagnostics. Alternatively, you can choose electives in molecular genetics, food microbiology, entrepreneurship and strategy, intellectual property, drug discovery, immunology and more.
- Gain an internationally recognised qualification through UQ's Masters of Biotechnology Program, accredited by the US Council of Graduate Schools (Washington DC) as a Professional Science Master's program.
- Learn from entrepreneurial scientists who have successfully commercialised their scientific discoveries.
- Take advantage of a large suite of electives in science that underpin new biotechnologies.
Postgraduate study can take you anywhere. Here are some of the careers you could be on your way to:
- Plant breeding and engineering specialist
- Nanotechnology and biosensor application specialist
- Diagnostic test producer
- Business plan analyst
- Pharmaceutical developer
- Commercialisation of Biotechnology Products
- Quality Management Systems in Biotechnology
- Issues in Biotechnology
- Agricultural Biotechnology
- Medical Biotechnology
- 24 months
Start dates & application deadlines
- Apply before
- Apply before
DisciplinesBiotechnology Bioinformatics & Biostatistics Genetics View 39 other Masters in Bioinformatics & Biostatistics in Australia
CRICOS CODE : 085552J
- An approved equivalent Bachelor degree in Biotechnology, Science, Bioinformatics, Pharmacy, Agriculture, Medicine or Engineering; or
- Graduate Certificate or Graduate Diploma in Biotechnology.
- UQ or equivalent GPA of 5 or above on a 7 point scale.
International41936 AUD/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 41936 AUD per year during 24 months.
National30510 AUD/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 30510 AUD per year during 24 months.
Living costs for Brisbane
The living costs include the total expenses per month, covering accommodation, public transportation, utilities (electricity, internet), books and groceries.
Studyportals Tip: Students can search online for independent or external scholarships that can help fund their studies. Check the scholarships to see whether you are eligible to apply. Many scholarships are either merit-based or needs-based.
Apply and win up to €10000 to cover your tuition fees.