It integrates conservation, ecology and biodiversity – with a focus on the problems of restoring and maintaining viable populations of animal and plant species, and natural and managed ecosystems – so you can better confront complex conservation problems.
This Master of Conservation Biology offered at the University of Queensland is taught by world-class experts, in an intensive mode that allows you to complete the equivalent of one and a half academic years in just 12 months.
You'll deepen your understanding of all aspects of biodiversity and conservation, environmental philosophy, national and international conservation policy, and systematic conservation decision-making processes.
In addition to advanced-level coursework, you'll complete more than a month of fieldwork at unique sites, including subtropical rainforests, national parks, outback Australia, UQ’s Heron Island and Moreton Bay research stations, and the Solomon Islands.
- Study at UQ, the world’s leading university for biodiversity conservation research.
- Gain a comprehensive education in the ecosystems and evolutionary potential of the world’s flora and fauna.
- Complete field work at unique sites and research stations.
- Deepen your understanding of all aspects of biodiversity and conservation, environmental philosophy, national and international conservation policy.
- Conservation & Wildlife Biology
- Sampling Design & Analysis in Conservation Science
- Conservation in Context
- Conservation Policy
- Strategies for Business Sustainability and Innovation
- Environmental Philosophy
- Marine Conservation
- Geographical Information Systems
- 18 months
Start dates & application deadlines
- StartingApplication deadline not specified.
DisciplinesBiology Biodiversity & Conservation Ecology View 76 other Masters in Biology in Australia
CRICOS CODE : 082609K
- Bachelor degree in the same discipline (botany, ecology, evolution, zoology); or Graduate Certificate in Conservation Biology. UQ or equivalent GPA of 5 on a 7 point scale.
International62880 AUD/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 62880 AUD per year during 18 months.
Living costs for Brisbane
The living costs include the total expenses per month, covering accommodation, public transportation, utilities (electricity, internet), books and groceries.
Studyportals Tip: Students can search online for independent or external scholarships that can help fund their studies. Check the scholarships to see whether you are eligible to apply. Many scholarships are either merit-based or needs-based.
Apply and win up to €10000 to cover your tuition fees.