This 1.5 year full-time Master of Dietetics Studies offered at the University of Queensland will prepare you for eligibility as an Accredited Practising Dietitian with Dietitians Australia (DA).
You'll gain extensive knowledge of the art and science of nutrition and dietetics and its role in the treatment of conditions including diabetes, heart disease, obesity, malnutrition, gut disorders and allergies and intolerances. You'll also develop the practical skills required to help people understand food and health relationships – enabling them to make better food choices to support healthier living.
If research is your passion, you can pursue this in your final semester and complete an innovative project alongside leading Australian dietetic researchers with national and international impact. You'll also have the potential to contribute to published scientific literature.
- Be confident and job-ready with 850 hours of fully-supervised industry placement and practical experience in our on-campus dietetics clinics.
- Learn theory at the same time as gaining hands-on, practical experience from your first semester.
- Choose to complete a research project and build the foundations of your professional reputation.
- Be in high demand with employers in the rapidly growing nutrition sector through your in-depth knowledge and practical skills.
Career possibilitiesPostgraduate study can take you anywhere. Here are some of the careers you could be on your way to:
- Clinical dietitian
- Community dietitian
- Food industry dietitian
- Food service dietitian
- Medical Nutrition Therapy
- Interviewing & Counselling for Dietetics Practice
- Applied Food Sciences for Dietetics
- Professional Practice
- Medical Nutrition Therapy and Professional Practice
- 18 months
Start dates & application deadlines
- Apply before , National
- Apply before , International
DisciplinesNutrition & Dietetics Health Sciences View 378 other Masters in Health Sciences in Australia
CRICOS code: 065374K
- The Master of Dietetics Studies is focused on dietetics only. Applicants must have an approved degree and have completed tertiary studies in biochemistry, physiology and nutrition to meet the national standards accreditation requirements for dietetics. See additional application information under the 'How to apply' tab. Entry is competitive based on GPA with a limited intake capacity. The minimum GPA to be considered for admission into this program is 4.0. The GPA cut-off for those offered a place in 2020 was 4.6.
International48176 AUD/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 48176 AUD per year during 18 months.
National29760 AUD/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 29760 AUD per year during 18 months.
Living costs for Brisbane
The living costs include the total expenses per month, covering accommodation, public transportation, utilities (electricity, internet), books and groceries.
Studyportals Tip: Students can search online for independent or external scholarships that can help fund their studies. Check the scholarships to see whether you are eligible to apply. Many scholarships are either merit-based or needs-based.
Apply and win up to €10000 to cover your tuition fees.
Updated in the last 9 months
Check the official programme website for potential updates.