This 1.5 year full-time Master of Dietetics Studies offered at the University of Queensland will prepare you for eligibility as an Accredited Practising Dietitian with Dietitians Australia (DA).
You'll gain extensive knowledge of the art and science of nutrition and dietetics and its role in the treatment of conditions including diabetes, heart disease, obesity, malnutrition, gut disorders and allergies and intolerances. You'll also develop the practical skills required to help people understand food and health relationships – enabling them to make better food choices to support healthier living.
If research is your passion, you can pursue this in your final semester and complete an innovative project alongside leading Australian dietetic researchers with national and international impact. You'll also have the potential to contribute to published scientific literature.
Career possibilitiesPostgraduate study can take you anywhere. Here are some of the careers you could be on your way to:
- Clinical dietitian
- Community dietitian
- Food industry dietitian
- Food service dietitian
- Medical Nutrition Therapy
- Interviewing & Counselling for Dietetics Practice
- Applied Food Sciences for Dietetics
- Professional Practice
- Medical Nutrition Therapy and Professional Practice
- 18 months
Start dates & application deadlines
- Apply before
DisciplinesNutrition & Dietetics Health Sciences Food Sciences View 21 other Masters in Food Sciences in Australia
- CRICOS code: 065374K
- An approved degree with completed tertiary studies in biochemistry, physiology and nutrition that meet the accreditation requirements of the national standards for dietetics.
- Entry is competitive based on GPA with a limited intake capacity.
- The minimum GPA to be considered for admission into this program is 4.0. The GPA cut-off for those offered a place in 2020 was 4.6.
- English language requirements
International32448 AUD/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 32448 AUD per year during 18 months.
National26370 AUD/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 26370 AUD per year during 18 months.
We offer a limited number of Commonwealth supported places (CSPs) for this program based on academic merit for domestic students.
Living costs for Brisbane
The living costs include the total expenses per month, covering accommodation, public transportation, utilities (electricity, internet), books and groceries.
Studyportals Tip: Students can search online for independent or external scholarships that can help fund their studies. Check the scholarships to see whether you are eligible to apply. Many scholarships are either merit-based or needs-based.
Apply and win up to €10000 to cover your tuition fees.