This highly regarded program in Master of Economics and Public Policy offered by University of Queensland is an interdisciplinary collaboration between the School of Economics and the School of Political Science and International Studies, both of which rank in the world top 100 for their respective study areas.
During study with both schools you'll examine the relationship between public policy, governance and economics, and look at how governments develop policy, and how their intervention affects the global economy. You'll also benefit from the program’s emphasis on practical applications to solve complex problems.
If you're a graduate without an economics background, the two-year 32 unit program is ideal for gaining comprehensive training in economics, from core principles to the more advanced study of microeconomics, macroeconomics and econometrics.
- Explore international issues like the far-reaching impacts of economic policy, and how can we better understand the cost-benefit of migration.
- Choose to specialise in areas including health economics, dynamics of effective governance, and how public policy affects international macroeconomics and finance, or complete an optional research thesis.
- Gain the knowledge to be a leading authority in public sector economics and analysis, with the skills to effect social change and improve economic and community welfare.
Career possibilitiesPostgraduate study can take you anywhere. Here are some of the careers you could be on your way to:
- Policy program and evaluation consultant
- Government and public affairs manager
- Policy and economic adviser
- Infrastructure and investment adviser
Get more detailsVisit official programme website
- The Macroeconomy
- Consumer and Firm Behaviour
- Mathematical Techniques for Economics
- Statistics for Business & Economics
- Elements of Econometrics
- Competition Policy and Regulation
- Public Economics
- Research Methods in Economics
- Dynamics of Public Policy
- Economic Analysis & Public Policy
- 24 months
Start dates & application deadlines
- Apply before , International
- Apply before , International
DisciplinesEconomics Econometrics Public Policy View 22 other Masters in Econometrics in Australia
CRICOS code: 082599G
- A bachelor degree (or equivalent) with a GPA of 4.5, approved by the Executive Dean; or
- A Graduate Certificate in Economics Studies or Graduate Diploma in Economics from UQ (or equivalent) with a GPA of 4.5.
International43072 AUD/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 43072 AUD per year during 24 months.
National34560 AUD/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 34560 AUD per year during 24 months.
Living costs for Brisbane
The living costs include the total expenses per month, covering accommodation, public transportation, utilities (electricity, internet), books and groceries.
Studyportals Tip: Students can search online for independent or external scholarships that can help fund their studies. Check the scholarships to see whether you are eligible to apply. Many scholarships are either merit-based or needs-based.
Apply and win up to €10000 to cover your tuition fees.
Updated in the last 6 months
Check the official programme website for potential updates.