Geographic Information Science from University of Queensland will equip you with all the geospatial data skills you need.
Access specialist laboratories that feature the latest applications for GIS, remote-sensing, automating geospatial tasks with programming, and web map publishing.
Use online GIS data and applications for key national data such as the population census, Earth observation and national mapping services for society and the environment, to gain a comprehensive understanding of these applications across many sectors.
- Urban planner
- Built environment consultant
- Environment and resource manager
- Mineral exploration consultant
- Geospatial application developer
- Environmental scientist
- Web map publisher
- Landscape modeller
- Applied Research Methods
- Mathematical Foundations
- Analysis of Scientific Data
- Earth Observation: Image Processing & Modelling
- Spatial Analysis & Modelling
- Geospatial Processing & Web Mapping
- 18 months
Start dates & application deadlines
- Apply before , National
- Apply before , International
DisciplinesEarth Sciences Geography Geographical Information Systems (GIS) View 21 other Masters in Earth Sciences in Australia
- CRICOS code: 003927F
- Bachelor degree in science (mathematics, physics, computer science), environmental science, environmental management, geographical science, geology, surveying, geometrics, engineering, or an approved discipline. UQ or equivalent GPA of 4.5 or above on a 7 point scale.
- English language requirements
International41936 AUD/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 41936 AUD per year during 18 months.
National30200 AUD/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 30200 AUD per year during 18 months.
We offer Commonwealth supported places (CSPs) for this program for Semester 2 for national students.
Living costs for Brisbane
The living costs include the total expenses per month, covering accommodation, public transportation, utilities (electricity, internet), books and groceries.
Studyportals Tip: Students can search online for independent or external scholarships that can help fund their studies. Check the scholarships to see whether you are eligible to apply. Many scholarships are either merit-based or needs-based.
Apply and win up to €10000 to cover your tuition fees.