Why choose this course?
This course encourages you to take a critical view of STEM in education as you reflect upon and evaluate your current practice. You will seek ways to transform your teaching and learning as you:
- explore an interconnected approach to the interpretation, construction, enactment and assessment of STEM curriculum
- identify and overcome the challenges faced in the enactment of innovative education practice
- develop your professional network and relationships that will extend beyond the duration of your study.
The course is ideal for educators who want to engage in professional learning to develop their STEM pedagogical content knowledge and skills. It caters for educators who:
- are working across the age spectrum from early childhood to Year 12, and adult or workplace learning
- have different levels of experience and responsibility
- have varied levels of STEM pedagogical content knowledge, including qualified STEM educators, those teaching out-of-field, or educators in leadership positions
- are professionals working in non-school contexts, such as curriculum developers.
This Master of Education (STEM in Education) at Queensland University of Technology can enhance outcomes for people in professional, schooling, and other contexts, including the ability to:
- lead the transformation of STEM education in a school or other educational context
- improve your pedagogical content knowledge in STEM, both within and between the disciplines
- better prepare your students for careers of the 21st century
- build your professional networks.
More informationVisit official programme website
- STEM for 21st Century Learners
- Thinking in STEM
- Digital Fluency for STEM Learning
- STEM Pedagogies
- Professional Dialogues in Education
- Assessment and STEM Learning
- 18 months
Start dates & application deadlines
- Apply before
DisciplinesEducation View 215 other Masters in Education in Australia
- A completed recognised bachelor degree (or higher qualification) in any discipline with a minimum grade point average (GPA) of 4 on QUT's 7 point scale (where 4 is a Pass).
International29900 AUD/yearTuition FeeBased on the original amount of 29900 AUD per year and a duration of 18 months.
National6800 AUD/yearTuition FeeBased on the original amount of 6800 AUD per year and a duration of 18 months.
Studyportals Tip: Students can search online for independent or external scholarships that can help fund their studies. Check the scholarships to see whether you are eligible to apply. Many scholarships are either merit-based or needs-based.