Why choose this course?
This course encourages you to take a critical view of STEM in education as you reflect upon and evaluate your current practice. You will seek ways to transform your teaching and learning as you:
- explore an interconnected approach to the interpretation, construction, enactment and assessment of STEM curriculum
- identify and overcome the challenges faced in the enactment of innovative education practice
- develop your professional network and relationships that will extend beyond the duration of your study.
The Master of Education (STEM in Education) is offered at Queensland University of Technology course is ideal for educators who want to engage in professional learning to develop their STEM pedagogical content knowledge and skills. It caters for educators who:
- are working across the age spectrum from early childhood to Year 12, and adult or workplace learning
- have different levels of experience and responsibility
- have varied levels of STEM pedagogical content knowledge, including qualified STEM educators, those teaching out-of-field, or educators in leadership positions
- are professionals working in non-school contexts, such as curriculum developers.
- STEM for 21st Century Learners
- Digital Fluency for STEM Learning
- Professional Dialogues in Education
- Thinking in STEM
- 18 months
- 36 months
Start dates & application deadlines
- Deadline passed, International
- Apply before , International
Sem 1 Off shore deadline application - 27.01.2020
DisciplinesEducation View 225 other Masters in Education in Australia
- bachelor degree (or higher) in education with a minimum grade point average of 4.0 (on QUT's 7 point scale); or
- postgraduate degree (graduate certificate, graduate diploma or masters (or higher)) in any field with a minimum grade point average of 4.0 (on QUT's 7 point scale); or
- bachelor degree in any field with a minimum grade point average of 4.0 (on QUT's 7 point scale) plus 5 years professional work experience related to your undergraduate degree. (Please submit a detailed curriculum vitae and employer statements); or
- an Australian bachelor honours degree in any field or recognised equivalent.
International28700 AUD/yearTuition FeeBased on the original amount of 28700 AUD per year and a duration of 18 months.
National6600 AUD/yearTuition FeeBased on the original amount of 6600 AUD per year and a duration of 18 months.
- Next year per year for International- $29,900
- Next year per year for National- $6,800
- national fee is Commonwealth Supported
Studyportals Tip: Students can search online for independent or external scholarships that can help fund their studies. Check the scholarships to see whether you are eligible to apply. Many scholarships are either merit-based or needs-based.