Educational background and coursework beyond an undergraduate degree are both important factors for school districts when they consider which teachers to retain, promote, and offer a pay increase.
School districts may also evaluate teachers’ academic backgrounds when choosing new department heads. Start enhancing your professional credentials and expertise by earning the Natural Sciences Education degree created by Colorado State University specifically for current and aspiring natural science teachers.
ake the next step in your career with a science education degree
This Master of Natural Sciences Education (M.N.S.E.) is a good fit for you if you are:
- A current science teacher interested in learning new pedagogical techniques, or gaining the flexibility to teach other natural science disciplines.
- An individual with a strong science background and experience in educational settings who is interested in teaching natural science and separately pursue a teaching certification.
Benefit from CSU's strong STEM reputation
Colorado State University graduates more individuals in STEM disciplines (science, technology, engineering, and mathematics) than any other Colorado campus, and prepares more STEM teachers than any other university in the state.
Graduate students interested in employment positions (GTA, GRA, GSA appointments and hourly positions) should contact their advisor and their departmental graduate coordinator for the process to apply.
Get more detailsVisit official programme website
- Action Research
- Curriculum Development
- Advanced Methods-Science and Math Instruction
- Myth Busters: Science/Controversy/Evaluation
- Chemistry for Science Educators
- Spectroscopy for Science Educators
- Energetics for Science Educators
- Pollution and Environmental Biology for Educators
- 24 months
Start dates & application deadlines
- Apply before
- Apply before
DisciplinesEducation Natural Sciences View 17 other Masters in Natural Sciences in United States
- A bachelor's degree in a science or science-related discipline from a regionally accredited institution
- A 3.0 GPA in undergraduate coursework (exceptions may be made for students who are applying through Track II Admission)
- Be a practicing instructor and/or licensed educator
- Applicants with strong science backgrounds and a desire to become educators are considered for admission on a provisional basis. (Note: The M.N.S.E. program does not provide a teaching license.)
- GRE test scores are not required
International627 USD/creditTuition FeeBased on the original amount of 627 USD per credit and a duration of 24 months.
National627 USD/creditTuition FeeBased on the original amount of 627 USD per credit and a duration of 24 months.
Studyportals Tip: Students can search online for independent or external scholarships that can help fund their studies. Check the scholarships to see whether you are eligible to apply. Many scholarships are either merit-based or needs-based.
Getting a Student Visa
This is an online programme. You can attend from the comfort of your chair! So you don't need a student visa!
Apply and win up to €10000 to cover your tuition fees.
Due for update
Updated over a year ago
Check the official programme website for potential updates.