The Master of Science Program in Rail, Transport and Logistics (RTL) conferred by Technische Universität München (Technical University of Munich, TUM) will provide graduates with the necessary knowledge and skills to successfully master the challenges faced in the areas of transportation, logistics and/or railway engineering.
The student will learn how to analyse and assess the various traffic scenarios of the different transport modes and how to find appropriate solutions. Students will learn how to design and operate modern transport systems including integrated inter-modal management systems. Students are able to choose from 3 different specialisations: Railway, Transport and Logistics in this Masters program.
Which further expertise and skills will I acquire?
- As a graduate of the Master’s program in Rail, Transport and Logistics, you have a profound knowledge of the interdependencies and intricacies of transport systems, transportation economy and city development.
- You can apply the most appropriate solutions to cities of different scales in terms of population, space, income, and terrain.
- Regardless of your chosen specialisation you are able to assess the methods most suitable to guarantee an affordable and sustainable transport network for freight and passengers by using the available resources as efficient as possible. To achieve this, you possess a profound knowledge in the field of planning, designing, and operating a transport system for both persons and goods.
- Decision Support for Logistics Management
- Public Transport Planning
- Soft Skills
- Statistical Methods for Transport and Logistic Processes
- Traffic Impacts, Evaluation of Transport and Logistic Processes
- Transport and Urban Planning
- 24 months
Start dates & application deadlines
- Apply before
DisciplinesSupply Chain Management & Logistics Transport Management Transportation Engineering
We are not aware of any academic requirements for this programme.
Make sure to cover your health, travel, and stay while studying abroad. Even global coverages can miss important items, so make sure your student insurance ticks all the following:
- Additional medical costs (i.e. dental)
- Repatriation, if something happens to you or your family
- Home contents and baggage
- Legal aid
We partnered with Aon to provide you with the best affordable student insurance, for a carefree experience away from home.Get your student insurance now
Start from €0.53/day, free cancellation any time.
Remember, countries and universities may have specific insurance requirements. To learn more about how student insurance work at Technical University of Munich and/or in Singapore, please visit Student Insurance Portal.
- Submit one (1) copy of Official or Provisional Bachelor Degree Certificate (For originals, the document must bear an original round seal; and non-originals, the document must be in a notarised copy format)
- Submit one (1) copy of Official or Provisional Academic Transcript (For originals, the document must bear an original round seal; and non-originals, the document must be in a notarised copy format)
- Submit a total of two (2) Recommendation Letters
- Submit one (1) Letter of Motivation that indicates the reason(s) you are interested in the programme you applied for
- Submit one (1) Curriculum Vitae/Resume
- Submit one (1) Passport-sized photograph
- Submit one (1) Passport Biodata Page photocopy
- Akademische Prufstelle (APS) Certificate (Required for all applicants who hold a degree from China, Vietnam, or Mongolia)
- Proof of English Proficiency
International276 EUR/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 138 EUR per semester during 24 months.
EU/EEA276 EUR/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 138 EUR per semester during 24 months.
Living costs for Singapore
The living costs include the total expenses per month, covering accommodation, public transportation, utilities (electricity, internet), books and groceries.
Studyportals Tip: Students can search online for independent or external scholarships that can help fund their studies. Check the scholarships to see whether you are eligible to apply. Many scholarships are either merit-based or needs-based.
Apply and win up to €10000 to cover your tuition fees.