From governments to financial and research institutions, employers today are seeking people with advanced knowledge and skills in mathematics who are able to play a critical role in strategic and analytical decision-making and problem-solving.
Start of expanded content
A combination of coursework and project work, this program will appeal to students who love mathematics and want to embark on a career in academia.
It is also suitable for people who seek to develop and deepen their knowledge and skills in mathematics, and develop the capacity to use them to tackle complex problems in a variety of situations.
Get more detailsVisit official programme website
- Partial differential equations
- Complex analysis and integral transforms
- Advanced ordinary differential equations
- Differential geometry
- Algebra and number theory
- Topology: The mathematics of shape
- Real analysis
Check out the full curriculumVisit official programme website
- 24 months
- 48 months
Start dates & application deadlines
- StartingApply anytime.
- StartingApply anytime.
- International students can apply for a place anytime throughout the year.
DisciplinesMathematics Actuarial Science View 22 other Masters in Actuarial Science in Australia
Explore more key informationVisit official programme website
We are not aware of any academic requirements for this programme.
- CRICOS: 096868J
Entry level 1:
- An undergraduate degree (equivalent to an Australian undergraduate degree) with at least a 65% average or qualification/experience that the faculty considers to be equivalent; and a 65% average over 4 units in mathematics of which at least 2 are at level 2.
Entry level 2:
- An undergraduate degree (equivalent to an Australian undergraduate degree) in mathematics with at least a 65% average or qualification/experience or satisfactory substitute that the faculty considers to be equivalent.
Make sure you meet all requirementsVisit official programme website
International45700 AUD/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 45700 AUD per year during 24 months.
National41000 AUD/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 41000 AUD per year during 24 months.
- Fees for domestic students: Commonwealth supported place (CSP)
Living costs for Melbourne
The living costs include the total expenses per month, covering accommodation, public transportation, utilities (electricity, internet), books and groceries.
Studyportals Tip: Students can search online for independent or external scholarships that can help fund their studies. Check the scholarships to see whether you are eligible to apply. Many scholarships are either merit-based or needs-based.
Double-check all feesVisit official programme website
Apply and win up to €10000 to cover your tuition fees.