- demonstrate mastery in theoretical knowledge in major contemporary fields of biotechnology and its applications
- differentiate between the processes involved in the development, regulation, commercialisation and marketing of biotechnological products
- identify the ethical issues relating to research and the research question in the field of biotechnology and where, appropriate, apply ethical principles to the conduct of research within this field
- initiate new or innovative research informed approaches to resolving practical challenges within the field of medical biotechnology
Get more detailsVisit official programme website
- Creativity and entrepreneurship
- Biotechnology: Commercialising biomedical science
- Techniques in medical biotechnology: genomics, proteomics and bioinformatics
- Techniques in medical biotechnology: Imaging, iPS cells, cell and gene therapies
- Therapeutic approaches and biotechnology
- Biotechnology research studies
Check out the full curriculumVisit official programme website
- 12 months
- 48 months
Start dates & application deadlines
- StartingApply anytime.
- StartingApply anytime.
- International students can apply for a place anytime throughout the year.
DisciplinesBiology Biotechnology Microbiology View 9 other Masters in Microbiology in Australia
Explore more key informationVisit official programme website
We are not aware of any academic requirements for this programme.
- CRICOS code: 095646J
- An Australian undergraduate degree (or equivalent) in a relevant area of study* with at least a credit (60%) average.
- An Australian undergraduate honours degree (or equivalent) in a relevant area of study* with at least a distinction (70%) average.
Make sure you meet all requirementsVisit official programme website
International41900 AUD/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 41900 AUD per year during 12 months.
National29900 AUD/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 29900 AUD per year during 12 months.
- Fees for domestic students: Commonwealth supported place (CSP)
Living costs for Melbourne
The living costs include the total expenses per month, covering accommodation, public transportation, utilities (electricity, internet), books and groceries.
Studyportals Tip: Students can search online for independent or external scholarships that can help fund their studies. Check the scholarships to see whether you are eligible to apply. Many scholarships are either merit-based or needs-based.
Double-check all feesVisit official programme website
Apply and win up to €10000 to cover your tuition fees.