The Master's program in Physics from Technical University of Munich is divided in a course phase of advanced studies in the first two semesters and a research phase in the second year.
- During the advanced studies students chose modules from the theoretical physics catalog and a number of special courses from the comprehensive offer. These special courses deal with selected topics of modern physics and reach the frontiers of actual research.
- Here the diversity of the research activities of our Physics Department is visible and accessible to the students. A student seminar, the advanced lab course and the non-physics elective courses, which give an insight into related sciences of the student's choice complete the profile. A mentor supports students in choosing the courses.
- The research phase brings the students directly in contact with current topics of research in physics. After a period of vocational adjustment (Master's seminar and Master's training, 3rd semester) students work on their own research project for the Master's thesis.
- An intense supervision during the whole research phase is assured by the large number of senior scientists at the campus Garching and students benefit from the excellent research environment with a broad national and international research network.
- 24 months
Start dates & application deadlines
- Apply before
- Apply before
DisciplinesPhysics Mathematics View 50 other Masters in Mathematics in Germany
We are not aware of any academic requirements for this programme.
- Submit one (1) copy of Official or Provisional Bachelor Degree Certificate (For originals, the document must bear an original round seal; and non-originals, the document must be in a notarised copy format)
- Submit one (1) copy of Official or Provisional Academic Transcript (For originals, the document must bear an original round seal; and non-originals, the document must be in a notarised copy format)
- Submit a total of two (2) Recommendation Letters
- Submit one (1) Letter of Motivation that indicates the reason(s) you are interested in the programme you applied for
- Submit one (1) Curriculum Vitae/Resume
- Submit one (1) Passport-sized photograph
- Submit one (1) Passport Biodata Page photocopy
- Akademische Prufstelle (APS) Certificate (Required for all applicants who hold a degree from China, Vietnam, or Mongolia)
- Proof of English Proficiency
International290 EUR/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 145 EUR per semester during 24 months.
EU/EEA290 EUR/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 145 EUR per semester during 24 months.
Living costs for Freising
The living costs include the total expenses per month, covering accommodation, public transportation, utilities (electricity, internet), books and groceries.
Studyportals Tip: Students can search online for independent or external scholarships that can help fund their studies. Check the scholarships to see whether you are eligible to apply. Many scholarships are either merit-based or needs-based.
Apply and win up to €10000 to cover your tuition fees.