The master's program in Materials Science and Engineering from Technical University of Munich rises to this challenge by offering a scientific, interdisciplinary education in engineering, involving a total of seven departments (BGU, Chemistry, Electrical Engineering and Information Technology, Informatics, Mechanical Engineering, Mathematics and Physics).
Which further expertise and skills will I acquire?
Upon successful completion of the master’s degree program in Materials Science and Engineering, students
- have in-depth knowledge of modeling, calculation, prediction, monitoring and testing of innovative material solutions for complex applications across all technology sectors;
- recognize the need for the quantification of predictive quality, the probability distributions of results, and the quantification of risk and uncertainty;
Get more detailsVisit official programme website
- In the first part of the program (semesters 1 and 2), students acquire sound fundamental disciplinary knowledge. In required modules, offered exclusively in English, students are familiarized with materials science, multi-scale models, numerical methods, non-linear fluid and solid mechanics and the quantification of uncertainties.
- In the second part of the program (semesters 2 and 3), students begin to focus their studies to specialize in one of four areas: Multiscale Material Principles, Materials in Engineering Applications, Uncertainty Quantification & Mathematical Modeling and Material Characterization, Testing & Surveillance.
- 24 months
Start dates & application deadlines
- Apply before
DisciplinesMaterials Science & Engineering General Engineering & Technology View 84 other Masters in Materials Science & Engineering in China
We are not aware of any academic requirements for this programme.
- Submit one (1) copy of Official or Provisional Bachelor Degree Certificate (For originals, the document must bear an original round seal; and non-originals, the document must be in a notarised copy format)
- Submit one (1) copy of Official or Provisional Academic Transcript (For originals, the document must bear an original round seal; and non-originals, the document must be in a notarised copy format)
- Submit a total of two (2) Recommendation Letters
- Submit one (1) Letter of Motivation that indicates the reason(s) you are interested in the programme you applied for
- Submit one (1) Curriculum Vitae/Resume
- Submit one (1) Passport-sized photograph
- Submit one (1) Passport Biodata Page photocopy
- Akademische Prufstelle (APS) Certificate (Required for all applicants who hold a degree from China, Vietnam, or Mongolia)
- Proof of English Proficiency
International284 EUR/yearTuition FeeBased on the original amount of 142 EUR per semester and a duration of 24 months.
EU/EEA284 EUR/yearTuition FeeBased on the original amount of 142 EUR per semester and a duration of 24 months.
Studyportals Tip: Students can search online for independent or external scholarships that can help fund their studies. Check the scholarships to see whether you are eligible to apply. Many scholarships are either merit-based or needs-based.
Apply and win up to €10000 to cover your tuition fees.
Updated in the last 3 months
Check the official programme website for potential updates.