Landscape Architecture at Technical University of Munich teaches visionary design and development of complex, living landscape (space) structures. The focus of the interdisciplinary design teaching is the examination of historical, current and future open space systems in urban and cultural landscape contexts against the background of dynamic environmental developments in the Anthropocene. The master's program in landscape architecture imparts knowledge in design and planning theory, landscape architecture and garden art history; construction technology and plant use, as well as landscape ecology and open space sociology. In the project studies, the embedding of the landscape architectural design in the respective economic, ecological and social context plays an important role. At the same time, it is important to consider the relationships to the technical and natural structures in the space at a wide variety of scales. Landscape architecture requires and promotes the combination of artistic and scientific thinking and conduct.
The Master's degree in landscape architecture prepares students for leadership positions in the profession as well as research and development activities on a national and international level. The Master of Arts (M.A.) degree qualifies students for doctoral studies.
- Landscape architecture as object planning in public space.
- Transformation of complex production and infrastructure landscapes
- Landscape architecture of regional open spaces
- New open-space architectural typologies
- 18 months
Start dates & application deadlines
- Apply before
- Apply before
DisciplinesArchitecture Civil Engineering & Construction Landscape Architecture View 13 other Masters in Civil Engineering & Construction in Germany
We are not aware of any academic requirements for this programme.
- Application for admission (print out, sign and upload)
- Curriculum Vitae – in tabular form
- Diploma or Bachelor certificate. If this is not available, proof of study and examination achievements (Transcript of Records) is required
- Evidence of work and internship as well as other evidence of subject-specific additional qualifications
- Adequate knowledge of English, proof of English subjects in the Bachelor's degree or similar, or knowledge of German for non-German citizens, applicants from German-speaking countries or holders of a German university entrance qualification
- List of academic achievements (subjects and range of subjects / transcript of records)
- Meaningful portfolio with work samples (max. ten pages, format DIN A4 or A3 format) to assess landscape architecture skills and knowledge
- Convincing written justification for the choice of course (letter of motivation) is also required.
International294 EUR/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 147 EUR per semester during 18 months.
EU/EEA294 EUR/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 147 EUR per semester during 18 months.
Living costs for München
The living costs include the total expenses per month, covering accommodation, public transportation, utilities (electricity, internet), books and groceries.
Studyportals Tip: Students can search online for independent or external scholarships that can help fund their studies. Check the scholarships to see whether you are eligible to apply. Many scholarships are either merit-based or needs-based.
Apply and win up to €10000 to cover your tuition fees.