Dance Movement Therapy from SRH University Heidelberg will enable you to use movement analysis and dance therapy techniques for targeted diagnostic purposes. In the campus outpatient clinic and during placements, you will practice the knowledge and skills gained under the guidance of mentors. You will have the opportunity to participate in a wide range of research projects.
The scientific foundations and the methodological and professional skills gained on the Master’s programme in Dance Movement Therapy will enable you to work in a clinical, therapeutic or special needs context (e.g. in psychiatry, neurology, paediatrics or palliative care). You will also be able to pursue a career in research and work towards a doctorate.
- Dance movement therapy skills
- Clinical psychology I (psychotherapy approaches)
- Clinical psychology II (psychiatry, psychosomatics & psychotherapy)
- Neurology & quantitative research methods
- Movement observation and movement analysis
- Clinical placement
- 24 months
Start dates & application deadlines
- StartingApply anytime.
DisciplinesVisual Arts Liberal Arts Theatre & Dance View 14 other Masters in Visual Arts in Germany
We are not aware of any academic requirements for this programme.
Make sure to cover your health, travel, and stay while studying abroad. Even global coverages can miss important items, so make sure your student insurance ticks all the following:
- Additional medical costs (i.e. dental)
- Repatriation, if something happens to you or your family
- Home contents and baggage
- Legal aid
We partnered with Aon to provide you with the best affordable student insurance, for a carefree experience away from home.Get your student insurance now
Start from €0.53/day, free cancellation any time.
Remember, countries and universities may have specific insurance requirements. To learn more about how student insurance work at SRH University Heidelberg and/or in Germany, please visit Student Insurance Portal.
- Undergraduate degree in one of the following disciplines; dance/artistic studies, psychology, social work, humanties, health sciences or related fields
- Individual admission is possible for applicants with different backgrounds or other fields of study
- Personal and artistic suitability (tested in our personal selection process*)
- Documented proof of good English skills: IELTS 6.5 TOEFL iBT 80 (TOEFL code of SRH: 7712) Duolingo Certificate 95 PTE Academic 58 or other proof of English proficiency
International690 EUR/moduleTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 690 EUR per module during 24 months.
EU/EEA690 EUR/moduleTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 690 EUR per module during 24 months.
- 690 EUR per month full-time + one-time registration fee of 750 EUR
- Non-EEA countries without permanent residence need to pay registration fee of 1,000 EUR.
Living costs for Heidelberg
The living costs include the total expenses per month, covering accommodation, public transportation, utilities (electricity, internet), books and groceries.
Studyportals Tip: Students can search online for independent or external scholarships that can help fund their studies. Check the scholarships to see whether you are eligible to apply. Many scholarships are either merit-based or needs-based.
Apply and win up to €10000 to cover your tuition fees.