Music Therapy from SRH University Heidelberg takes a total of two years, including an intensive placement phase. The range of classes includes practical music lessons, therapy techniques and scientific content. We focus on music therapy in psychiatry, psychosomatics, psychotherapy and neurology. In addition, you will learn how to use music in the therapeutic treatment of people in all kinds of life circumstances.
The scientific foundations and the methodological and professional skills gained on the Master’s programme in Music Therapy will enable you to work in a clinical, therapeutic or special needs context.Besides enabling you to work in a variety of practical fields, the Master’s degree in Music Therapy will give you the opportunity to pursue a career in research and work towards a doctorate.
- Instrumental skills
- Clinical psychology
- Neurology & quantitative research Methods
- Basic musical competencies
- Clinical placement
We are not aware of any academic requirements for this programme.
We are not aware of any English requirements for this programme.
- A university degree from an accredited institution of higher learning, of at least six semesters’ duration in one of the following disciplines: music/music studies, psychology, medicine, social pedagogy and similar degrees
- Individual exceptions are possible, but require special approval
- Documented proof of good English skills (TOEFL /or similar)
- Personal and artistic eligibility
International690 EUR/moduleTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 690 EUR per module during 24 months.
EU/EEA690 EUR/moduleTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 690 EUR per module during 24 months.
- 690 EUR per month full-time + one-time registration fee of 750 EUR
- Non-EEA countries without permanent residence need to pay registration fee of 1,000 EUR.
Living costs for Heidelberg
The living costs include the total expenses per month, covering accommodation, public transportation, utilities (electricity, internet), books and groceries.
Studyportals Tip: Students can search online for independent or external scholarships that can help fund their studies. Check the scholarships to see whether you are eligible to apply. Many scholarships are either merit-based or needs-based.
Apply and win up to €10000 to cover your tuition fees.