By fostering a multidisciplinary approach, MSE degree programs strive to endow students with the tools to strategically question current design paradigms and drive innovative materials and manufacturing solutions across a diverse range of technological sectors.
Motivated by modern materials challenges in energy, computing, transportation, impact protection, robotics, and global health care, MSE programs’ comprehensive, experiential training is designed to arm graduates with a modernized skill set tailored to confront those challenges head-on.
Materials Science and Engineering at Colorado State University
The overall objective of the MSE-MS is to develop students to be science and engineering professionals who use their multidisciplinary problem solving skills to address global challenges in the field of materials science and engineering.
Programme StructureMSE degree programs are designed to engage students with:
- Active hands-on training in the latest materials characterization and computational methods, materials-focused intellectual property protection and technology transfer, and professional soft skill development.
- Enhanced educational opportunities promoted through industry partnerships, facilitating internships and class time spent in active commercial manufacturing labs.
- A diverse core of faculty mentors driving advances in controlling structure at the nanoscale, predictive property modeling, high performance metal, polymer and ceramic composites, photovoltaics, and additive manufacturing.
- 12 months
Start dates & application deadlines
- Apply before
- Apply before
DisciplinesMaterials Science & Engineering General Engineering & Technology View 1593 other Masters in General Engineering & Technology in United States
- An official transcript of all collegiate work completed along with a certified translation into English.
- Scores on the Test of English as a Foreign Language (TOEFL), International English Language Testing System (IELTS), or Pearson Test of English (PTE) Academic.
- Test scores such as GRE or GMAT, when required
- Certified proof of financial support
- Passport copy
International26564 USD/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 13282 USD per semester during 12 months.
National26564 USD/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 13282 USD per semester during 12 months.
In-State10834 USD/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 5417 USD per semester during 12 months.
Living costs for Fort Collins
The living costs include the total expenses per month, covering accommodation, public transportation, utilities (electricity, internet), books and groceries.
Studyportals Tip: Students can search online for independent or external scholarships that can help fund their studies. Check the scholarships to see whether you are eligible to apply. Many scholarships are either merit-based or needs-based.
Apply and win up to €10000 to cover your tuition fees.
Updated in the last 3 months
Check the official programme website for potential updates.