There are several options for pursuing graduate study in Teaching English as a Second/Foreign Language (TEFL/TESL) in the Department of English. One option is the M.A. in English with a graduate curriculum exclusively focused on TEFL/TESL.
A second option is the Joint M.A. with the Department of Languages, Literatures, and Cultures which allows students to pursue two graduate programs combined, leading to two M.A. degrees—one in English with a specialization in TEFL/TESL, and one in foreign languages. The third option is a 15.0 credits graduate certificate in TESOL Education.
English - Teaching English as a Foreign -Second Language offered at Colorado State University
- The Joint M.A.s require concurrent study in two Master’s degree programs, one in English (TESL/TEFL) and the other in Languages, Literatures and Cultures (Spanish). The two sponsoring departments provide an interdisciplinary curriculum to enhance both theoretical and applied competencies in the learning and teaching of English and foreign languages as expressions of their respective cultures.
- Syntax for ESL/EFL
- Teaching English as a Foreign/Second Language
- Theories of Foreign/Second Language Learning
- Assessment of English Language Learners
- Supervised College Teaching: ESL
- 24 months
Start dates & application deadlines
- Apply before
- Apply before
DisciplinesLanguage Studies Languages Teaching English View 791 other Masters in Languages in United States
We are not aware of any academic requirements for this programme.
- One official transcript of all collegiate work completed post-high school. Additionally separate transcripts are not required for study abroad credits if the GPA and credits are recorded on the transcript of the university that sponsored the study abroad experience. CSU transcripts are not required.
- Any other materials that individual departments or programs may require of applicants.
- Regardless of citizenship, applicants may be required to demonstrate proof of English language proficiency, if they do not have a degree from an institution where the primary language of instruction is English.
International31766 USD/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 31766 USD per year during 24 months.
National15568 USD/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 15568 USD per year during 24 months.
Living costs for Fort Collins
The living costs include the total expenses per month, covering accommodation, public transportation, utilities (electricity, internet), books and groceries.
Studyportals Tip: Students can search online for independent or external scholarships that can help fund their studies. Check the scholarships to see whether you are eligible to apply. Many scholarships are either merit-based or needs-based.
Apply and win up to €10000 to cover your tuition fees.