Whether you are seeking greater depth and the research skills to engage in evidence-based design or planning to return to practice with terminal degree credentials enabling you to teach, our program can change your career. Take a moment to browse research topics from our recent graduates.
Opportunities, after you complete your M.S. in Design and Merchandising - Interior Design at Colorado State University, include:
- Teaching in higher education
- Practicing as a research practitioner
- Practicing in a specialty market segment such as commercial, residential, healthcare, lighting, graphic, and/or industrial design
- Working in exhibition design or museum collections
- Pursuing a doctoral degree: Although the master’s degree is and remains the terminal degree for the interior design profession, the doctoral degree is now required by over 30 percent of interior design programs in institutions of higher education.
Major areas of specialization for graduate study and research in Interior Design include:
- Commercial design
- Cultural/global design
- Healthcare facilities design
- A sense of place/sense of self
- Sustainable design
- Universal design
- 12 months
Start dates & application deadlines
- Apply before
- Apply before
DisciplinesDesign Interior Design View 582 other Masters in Design in United States
- Statement of Purpose
- Letters of Recommendation
- An Updated Resume
- Interior Design Portfolio
- Apparel and Merchandising Portfolio
- GRE Requirements
- Graduate Teaching or Research Assistantship Optional Application
International26564 USD/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 13282 USD per semester during 12 months.
National26564 USD/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 13282 USD per semester during 12 months.
In-State10834 USD/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 5417 USD per semester during 12 months.
Living costs for Fort Collins
The living costs include the total expenses per month, covering accommodation, public transportation, utilities (electricity, internet), books and groceries.
Studyportals Tip: Students can search online for independent or external scholarships that can help fund their studies. Check the scholarships to see whether you are eligible to apply. Many scholarships are either merit-based or needs-based.
Apply and win up to €10000 to cover your tuition fees.