The focus of the direct entry master’s in occupational therapy is to prepare excellent practitioners who are dedicated to providing occupation-focused, client-centered, and evidence-based services and are committed to leadership in the field. The program’s design is a part-time evening cohort model.The program meets the standards, skills, values, and ethics set forth by the Accreditation Council of Occupational Therapy Education (ACOTE). Graduates from the direct entry program meeting all requirements will be eligible to sit for the Occupational Therapy Certification Examination administered by the National Board for Certification in Occupational Therapy (NBCOT). Please note that any student who has been convicted of a prior felony may be considered ineligible by NBCOT to set for the NBCOT exam and may be unable to attain an OT license from the State Licensure Board.
- Medical Terminology Course
- Anatomy & Physiology I & II
- Abnormal Psychology
- Human Growth & Development
- Intro to Sociology or Intro to Anthropology
- Statistics (Math, Psych or Business) Can take option OT course**
- Ethics (any course)
For more information please visit the program website.
Start dates & application deadlines
- Apply before
DisciplinesPsychology View 908 other Masters in Psychology in United States
- To apply to Salem State University, please submit a complete application, a non-refundable $50 application fee, official transcript(s), and SAT and/or ACT scores (if applicable)*.
- Required 17 college prep units
- When test scores are submitted, we use a sliding scale based on a minimum grade-point average (on a 4.0 scale) and a corresponding SAT or ACT score. If your grade-point average is 3.0 or higher and you have an SAT score above 990 (19 on the ACT), you will receive the highest consideration.
International9847 USD/yearTuition FeeBased on the original amount of 9847 USD per year and a duration of .
National9847 USD/yearTuition FeeBased on the original amount of 9847 USD per year and a duration of .
In-State8227 USD/yearTuition FeeBased on the original amount of 8227 USD per year and a duration of .
Studyportals Tip: Students can search online for independent or external scholarships that can help fund their studies. Check the scholarships to see whether you are eligible to apply. Many scholarships are either merit-based or needs-based.