Explore solutions that could help address some of the urgent and crucial issues that we face, looking at different approaches and competing paradigms.
On the Sustainable Food and Natural Resources program from Centre for Alternative Technology, you will explore a variety of topics, focusing on climate mitigation and adaptation in food and natural resources, soil health, natural climate solutions and food and land management systems.Some of the topics you will study will include:
- The impacts of food production and the way our natural resources are perceived, managed, produced and distributed
- Social, practical, political and economic aspects of sustainable food production and natural resource management, and the effects of industry-scale farming, agriculture and materials production on ecosystems and our environment
- The impacts of economic structures and environmental change on diet, health, sustainability and community empowerment
- Underlying theory in a range of related topics, such as soil ecology and health, growing methods and comparative yields, environmental impacts of materials and design for sustainability
Why study at CAT?Benefit from over 40 years’ sustainability experienceCAT is a world-leading eco centre and a pioneer in researching and teaching practical solutions for sustainability, with nearly 50 years’ experience in low-impact building, energy efficiency, renewable energy, sustainable food production, natural resource management and more.
- Sustainability and Adaptation: Concepts and Planning
- Ecosystem Services: Land Use, Water and Waste Management
- Food Production and Consumption
- The Science of Sustainable Food Production
- Applied Research Design
- MSc Dissertation
- Theoretical Approaches to Transformational Social Change
- Cities and Communities
- Restoration Ecology
- 18 months
- 36 months
Start dates & application deadlines
- StartingApplication deadline not specified.
DisciplinesNutrition & Dietetics Natural Resource Management Food Sciences View 53 other Masters in Natural Resource Management in United Kingdom
We are not aware of any academic requirements for this programme.
We ask for a Bachelor’s degree or knowledge and skills equivalent to degree standard. IELTS 6.5 (or equivalent) is required for applicants whose first language is not English.
International8720 GBP/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 8720 GBP per year during 18 months.
National7310 GBP/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 7310 GBP per year during 18 months.
Prior to the commencement of the course, a £50 non-refundable deposit must be paid alongside the completion of the pre-enrolment form.
Studyportals Tip: Students can search online for independent or external scholarships that can help fund their studies. Check the scholarships to see whether you are eligible to apply. Many scholarships are either merit-based or needs-based.
Apply and win up to €10000 to cover your tuition fees.