Examining how net zero greenhouse gas emissions can be achieved through large scale investment in renewable and low CO2 energy sources, delivery and patterns of use. You will also study the challenges to this and gain an in-depth understanding of why rapid, effective energy solutions, energy efficiency and intelligent management of resources are vital to minimising climate change impacts.
The Sustainability in Energy Provision and Demand Management program from Centre for Alternative Technology is aimed at existing or potential decision makers, consultants and other professionals, and those with a general interest in energy-related issues of climate change.
On this course, you will examine renewable energy provision, its application and management and energy demand and management in low and zero-carbon buildings.
Some of the topics you’ll study include:
- Comprehension of existing sustainable technologies and systems for provision of both electricity and energy for heating, including site assessment and energy yield.
- New advances in energy generation, storage, delivery, and supply management
- Environmental Impact Assessment (EIA) and Life Cycle Analysis (LCA) of energy demand and resources acquisition
- The role of decision-makers at different levels in driving the policies and economics required to achieve energy security and sustainability
- Evaluation of energy reduction scenarios through data collection and computer modelling
- Justice, ethics, and responsibilities in global energy provision
- Sustainability and Adaptation
- Sustainability in Energy Provision and Demand Management
- Low and Zero Carbon Buildings
- Sustainable Electricity
- Sustainable Heating and Cooling
- Applied Research Design
- MSc Dissertation
- Cities and Communities
- Energy Flows in Buildings
- 18 months
- 36 months
Start dates & application deadlines
- StartingApplication deadline not specified.
DisciplinesHydrology & Water Management Sustainable Energy Natural Resource Management View 166 other Masters in Sustainable Energy in United Kingdom
We are not aware of any academic requirements for this programme.
- We ask for a Bachelor’s degree or knowledge and skills equivalent to degree standard.
- An appropriate level of numeracy and science are required for this programme.
- IELTS 6.5 (or equivalent) is required for applicants whose first language is not English.
International5813 GBP/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 8720 GBP for the full programme during 18 months.
National4873 GBP/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 7310 GBP for the full programme during 18 months.
Prior to the commencement of the course, a £50 non-refundable deposit must be paid alongside the completion of the pre-enrolment form.
Studyportals Tip: Students can search online for independent or external scholarships that can help fund their studies. Check the scholarships to see whether you are eligible to apply. Many scholarships are either merit-based or needs-based.
Apply and win up to €10000 to cover your tuition fees.