The graduate program in Cell and Molecular Biology at Colorado State Universityy is an interdisciplinary, degree-granting program that comprises over 100 faculty members from 16 departments and 5 colleges who share common interests in cell and molecular biology. The M.S. program includes a core of lecture courses in advanced molecular genetics, cell biology, laboratory research techniques, science communication, and ethical conduct of science. Students may also select additional courses in areas related to their interests. Each year, students also participate in a student seminar series in which they present on a topic connected to cell or molecular biology and a weekly seminar series with presentations by CSU faculty and nationally prominent scientists.
- Graduate students interested in employment positions (GTA, GRA, GSA appointments and hourly positions) should contact their advisor and their departmental graduate coordinator for the process to apply.
- Cancer Biology
- Prions & Neurobiology
- Infectious Disease
- Stem Cells & Development
- Genome structure, evolution & repair
- Synthetic Biology
- Plant Molecular Biology
- 12 months
Start dates & application deadlines
- Apply before
DisciplinesMolecular Sciences Biochemistry Genetics View 495 other Masters in Genetics in United States
- Bachelor’s degree in any of the biological, biochemical, or physical sciences
- Includes a minimum of one year of biology, organic chemistry, physics, biochemistry and mathematics through differential & integral calculus
- Additional courses in cell biology, microbiology, developmental biology, immunology, genetics, physical chemistry, analytical chemistry, biophysics, physiology, anatomy, math, programming and statistics are taken in to consideration during evaluation for admission
- Most recently completed degree meets minimum GPA of 3.0 on a 4.0 scale
- One official transcript from each institution attended, even when showing as a transfer credit
- Three letters of recommendation (no standardized format)
- Personal statement of interests and future goals
- GRE scores are NOT required but may be provided
International30858 USD/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 30858 USD per year during 12 months.
National30858 USD/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 30858 USD per year during 12 months.
In-State15130 USD/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 15130 USD per year during 12 months.
Living costs for Fort Collins
The living costs include the total expenses per month, covering accommodation, public transportation, utilities (electricity, internet), books and groceries.
Studyportals Tip: Students can search online for independent or external scholarships that can help fund their studies. Check the scholarships to see whether you are eligible to apply. Many scholarships are either merit-based or needs-based.
Apply and win up to €10000 to cover your tuition fees.