The mission of the University of South Alabama Physician Assistant Studies Program is to educate compassionate and competent individuals from diverse backgrounds to become highly qualified physician assistants in accordance with the highest professional standards to provide a broad spectrum of preventative and curative health care to patients in various communities and clinical settings with physician supervision including underserved populations in Alabama both rural and urban.
- The emphasis of the program is one of primary care, including a broad foundation in the medical and surgical specialties.
- The Physician Assistant Studies program curriculum is closely related to the goals of the University of South Alabama as well as to the degree.
The Accreditation Review Commission on Education for the Physician Assistant (ARC-PA) has granted Accreditation-Continued status to the University of South Alabama Physician Assistant Program sponsored by the University of South Alabama. Accreditation-Continued is an accreditation status granted when a currently accredited program is in compliance with the ARC-PA Standards.
- Clinical Medicine
- Human Gross Anatomy
- Physician Assistant Issues
- 27 months
Start dates & application deadlines
- Apply before
DisciplinesPhysics View 551 other Masters in Physics in United States
We are not aware of any academic requirements for this programme.
- GPAs (overall GPA, science GPA, last 60 hour GPA, both undergraduate and graduate level work).
- GRE scores (quantitative, verbal, and analytical writing sections)
- Direct Patient Care/Health Care/PA Shadowing Experience
- Community Service/Volunteerism
- Additional completion of upper level science coursework completed with a grade of "C" or higher in Immunology, Genetics, Biochemistry, Pathophysiology, and Pharmacology.
- Background and Experience
- Rural/Underserved (Childhood residence in rural county as defined by HRSA rural grant Qualifier)
- Additional Degree or Training: additional degree (Master's or Doctorate), current health training certifications or registrations, e.g., EMT, CNA, CMA.
- Military Service: includes all branches of service.
- Disadvantaged Background
International50013 USD/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 930 USD per credit during 27 months.
National50013 USD/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 930 USD per credit during 27 months.
In-State25006 USD/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 465 USD per credit during 27 months.
Living costs for Mobile
The living costs include the total expenses per month, covering accommodation, public transportation, utilities (electricity, internet), books and groceries.
Studyportals Tip: Students can search online for independent or external scholarships that can help fund their studies. Check the scholarships to see whether you are eligible to apply. Many scholarships are either merit-based or needs-based.
Apply and win up to €10000 to cover your tuition fees.
Due for update
Updated over a year ago
Check the official programme website for potential updates.