The ICP-Bard MFA program at Bard College offers an exploration into the ways in which the photograph operates in society. The 60 credits required for the master of fine arts degree cover the production of a final solo exhibition of original artwork, participation in a final group exhibition, a cumulative publication, as well as the completion of class assignments and internships.
The ICP-Bard approach emphasizes creative vision and openness to examining the many iterations of the image, from photography to digital imaging, installation, and video. By considering how photographs are created, presented, discussed, used, and documented, students gain an intimate knowledge of the ways in which images increasingly structure modern society and consciousness.
Get more detailsVisit official programme website
- The foundation of the program, studio practice is a seminar in which students integrate what they are experiencing and learning into their own creative work.
- Through ongoing studio assignments, group critiques, and one-on-one meetings with faculty, students develop their photographic work and define a personal approach to their practice.
- A final exhibition of original work, presented at the end of the second year, is required for graduation
- 24 months
Start dates & application deadlines
- Apply before
DisciplinesVisual Arts Film, Photography & Media View 744 other Masters in Visual Arts in United States
We are not aware of any academic requirements for this programme.
We are not aware of any English requirements for this programme.
- A portfolio consisting of 20 images. Each image should be a jpeg not exceeding 5MB and no larger than 1280x1280 at 72ppi.
- Resume or CV.
- Three letters of recommendation attesting to the applicant's personal and artistic strengths.
- Transcripts of all undergraduate and graduate work to be sent directly from all institutions attended to ICP-Bard MFA Admissions. You may upload a copy of your transcripts to your online application.
- A one-page Statement of Purpose of no more than 500 words in length.
- TOEFL scores if English is not your first language.
- $100 Application Fee.
International34063 USD/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 34063 USD per year during 24 months.
National34063 USD/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 34063 USD per year during 24 months.
Living costs for New York City
The living costs include the total expenses per month, covering accommodation, public transportation, utilities (electricity, internet), books and groceries.
Studyportals Tip: Students can search online for independent or external scholarships that can help fund their studies. Check the scholarships to see whether you are eligible to apply. Many scholarships are either merit-based or needs-based.
Apply and win up to €10000 to cover your tuition fees.
Due for update
Updated over a year ago
Check the official programme website for potential updates.