Successful completion of the course allows registration as a general psychologist and upon completion of an additional period of supervised practice, for area of practice endorsement in clinical psychology with The Psychology Board of Australia.
During the course, students complete three practicum placements. The first practicum usually occurs in the on-campus training clinic. During this placement students gain experience in assessment, diagnosis and therapy under close individual and group supervision conducted by experienced psychologists.
Graduates of the Master of Psychology (Clinical) at Australian Catholic University will be well-prepared for work as practitioner psychologists and skilled researchers who work with individuals, families, groups and organisations in a range of institutions and agencies providing psychological and mental health services.
Clinical psychologists often work in:
- health care centres
- community mental health teams
- private practice
- academic settings
This course is currently accredited by the Australian Psychology Accreditation Council (APAC)
Get more detailsVisit official programme website
- Professional Practice in Psychology
- Practicum Skills
- Evidence-Based Practice for Psychologists
- Psychological Assessment
- Therapeutic Skills
- Adult Clinical Psychology
Check out the full curriculumVisit official programme website
- 24 months
Start dates & application deadlines
- StartingApplication deadline not specified.
DisciplinesPsychology Health Sciences Clinical Psychology View 43 other Masters in Clinical Psychology in Australia
Explore more key informationVisit official programme website
To be eligible for admission to the course, an applicant must have completed the following prerequisites:
- 1.i. a Bachelor degree with honours in accredited psychology course with minimum of IIA honours completed in the last 10 years; OR
- ii. a Bachelor degree with accredited four year major study in psychology completed in the last 10 years;
- 2.i. a Bachelor degree with accredited three year major study in psychology and satisfactory completion of an additional year of accredited study in psychology, or equivalent, with an overall mark equivalent to IIA Honours; OR
- ii. qualifications and experience assessed as equivalent by the selection committee;
Make sure you meet all requirementsVisit official programme website
International27912 AUD/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 27912 AUD per year during 24 months.
National6680 AUD/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 6680 AUD per year during 24 months.
- $6680 CSP
- A small number of postgraduate coursework degrees have Commonwealth supported places available; however, these are very limited.
Living costs for Melbourne
The living costs include the total expenses per month, covering accommodation, public transportation, utilities (electricity, internet), books and groceries.
Studyportals Tip: Students can search online for independent or external scholarships that can help fund their studies. Check the scholarships to see whether you are eligible to apply. Many scholarships are either merit-based or needs-based.
Double-check all feesVisit official programme website
Apply and win up to €10000 to cover your tuition fees.