Robotics has for long been the key to efficient manufacturing. However, current robots mostly perform rigid tasks in a production pipeline with no ability to operate in changing environments. Next-generation autonomous robots operate among humans and require a completely new set of skills.
After completing the programme, students will be familiar with machine learning and signal processing methods and will be able to adopt and adapt these techniques, especially in the robotics application domain. Students will also be able to design, train and deploy machine learning models for classification and regression.
The Information Technology - Robotics and Artificial Intelligence program offered by Tampere University will provide students with expert-level knowledge of robotics and artificial intelligence technologies that are needed in industry and the development of consumer applications.
After completing the programme, you will be qualified to pursue a wide range of career opportunities in the different fields of technology. The skills of intelligent robot designers are in high demand. A clear benefit of the programme is that it combines two vibrant and growing fields of engineering and therefore paves the way for our graduates to pursue a successful career in either domain.
Get more detailsVisit official programme website
- In this degree programme, the machine learning courses cover both theory and practice and address a wide spectrum of machine learning techniques in classification, regression and unsupervised learning settings.
- In some courses we also organise machine learning competitions, where students solve research problems. The robotics courses teach you to operate the physical world, and together these two domains use different sensor techniques – cameras, acceleration sensors, even audio – to sense the surroundings and assist in robot control.
Check out the full curriculumVisit official programme website
- 24 months
Start dates & application deadlines
- Apply before
DisciplinesInformatics & Information Sciences Artificial Intelligence Machine Learning View 12 other Masters in Artificial Intelligence in Finland
Explore more key informationVisit official programme website
We are not aware of any academic requirements for this programme.
Bachelor’s degree - nationally recognized first cycle degree
- which corresponds to at least 180 ECTS (European credits) or to three years of full-time study
- from a relevant field for the Master’s degree programme that you’re applying to
- from an recognised institution of higher education
- The Bachelor’s degree completed in a university outside Finland must provide eligibility for university-level master’s degree studies in the country in which it was awarded.
AND a good command of the English language for academic purposes.
Make sure you meet all requirementsVisit official programme website
International12000 EUR/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 12000 EUR per year during 24 months.
EU/EEAFreeTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 0 EUR per year during 24 months.
Living costs for Tampere
The living costs include the total expenses per month, covering accommodation, public transportation, utilities (electricity, internet), books and groceries.
Studyportals Tip: Students can search online for independent or external scholarships that can help fund their studies. Check the scholarships to see whether you are eligible to apply. Many scholarships are either merit-based or needs-based.
Double-check all feesVisit official programme website
Apply and win up to €10000 to cover your tuition fees.