The MProfPsych program is designed to provide graduates in psychology with an additional year of full-time education in the professional practice of psychology. This year prepares graduates for a final year of supervised practice prior to general registration as a Psychologist.
The MProfPsych program provides students with an opportunity to learn and demonstrate their knowledge and skills in the 8 core capabilities and attributes as required to practise psychology. This program includes a simulated practicum unit as well as an external placement which enables students to translate their theoretical knowledge to professional and simulated environments to enhance their skill development.
Get more detailsVisit official programme website
- Professional Practice in Psychology
- Practicum Skills
- Evidence-Based Practice for Psychologists
- Research Capstone Experience
- Psychological Assessment
- Therapeutic Skills
Check out the full curriculumVisit official programme website
- 12 months
Start dates & application deadlines
- Apply before , National
- Apply before , International
DisciplinesPsychology Educational Psychology Clinical Psychology View 64 other Masters in Clinical Psychology in Australia
Explore more key informationVisit official programme website
We are not aware of any academic requirements for this programme.
Make sure to cover your health, travel, and stay while studying abroad. Even global coverages can miss important items, so make sure your student insurance ticks all the following:
- Additional medical costs (i.e. dental)
- Repatriation, if something happens to you or your family
- Home contents and baggage
- Legal aid
We partnered with Aon to provide you with the best affordable student insurance, for a carefree experience away from home.Get your student insurance now
Start from €0.53/day, free cancellation any time.
Remember, countries and universities may have specific insurance requirements. To learn more about how student insurance work at Australian Catholic University and/or in Australia, please visit Student Insurance Portal.
- CRICOS: 085312C
- To be eligible for admission to the course, an applicant must have completed the following prerequisites:
- a Bachelor degree with Honours in an accredited Psychology course with a minimum of Honours IIB completed in the last 10 years;
- a Bachelor degree with accredited 4th-year equivalent major study in Psychology (with performance deemed of the same level as Honours IIB) completed in the last 10 years;
- demonstrated suitability to undertake the course as evidenced by satisfactory:
- academic referee report;
- professional referee report; AND
- for short-listed candidates, interview with the selection committee.
- be eligible for provisional registration as a psychologist with the Psychology Board of Australia.
Make sure you meet all requirementsVisit official programme website
International29328 AUD/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 29328 AUD per year during 12 months.
National27937 AUD/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 27937 AUD per year during 12 months.
Living costs for Melbourne
The living costs include the total expenses per month, covering accommodation, public transportation, utilities (electricity, internet), books and groceries.
Studyportals Tip: Students can search online for independent or external scholarships that can help fund their studies. Check the scholarships to see whether you are eligible to apply. Many scholarships are either merit-based or needs-based.
Double-check all feesVisit official programme website
Apply and win up to €10000 to cover your tuition fees.