The Information Technology - Communication Systems and Networks program offered by Tampere University equips students with excellent abilities to become valued experts in communication systems, both in Finland and abroad.
Communication is not only for humans anymore: the Internet of Things and the Industrial Internet are the forerunners of a connected and programmable world where things are also able to communicate. Digitalisation will have an impact on a wide range of industries, such as energy, transportation, logistics and manufacturing.
Another prevailing trend in society and industry is robotisation. Modern inventions, such as self-driving cars and drones, strongly rely on highly efficient and reliable wireless communications.
Graduates are typically employed by mobile communication network operators, R&D houses, wireless device and network vendors, consulting companies, and research institutes. Following the successful completion of the programme, our graduates will also be eligible to apply for admission to doctoral programmes in Finland or abroad.
Overall, the global mobile communications industry is a massive employer with an annual volume of close to 900 billion USD. The field offers excellent career prospects worldwide. With the utilisation of the communications infrastructure penetrating into all industry sectors as a result of digitalisation, experts in communications engineering also have a broad range of career prospects, for example, in the energy, transportation and automotive industries as well as in different production and manufacturing verticals which are outside the basic ICT field.
Get more detailsVisit official programme website
- The programme is comprised of 120 ECTS. Courses are worth 90 ECTS and the remaining 30 ECTS are awarded for successfully completing a master's thesis.
- Each ECTS is equal to an average workload of 27 hours, including lectures, exercises, assignments, independent study and an examination. The duration of the programme is two years.
Check out the full curriculumVisit official programme website
- 24 months
Start dates & application deadlines
- Apply before
DisciplinesCommunication Studies Informatics & Information Technology General Engineering & Technology View 7 other Masters in Communication Studies in Finland
Explore more key informationVisit official programme website
We are not aware of any academic requirements for this programme.
Bachelor’s degree - nationally recognized first cycle degree
- an applicable bachelor’s degree at a university or a university of applied sciences in Finland
- a bachelor's degree completed in a university outside Finland which provides eligibility for equivalent University master’s degree studies in the country in which it was awarded.
- with a minimum scope of 180 ECTS credits, three to four years of full-time study
- from a relevant field for the master’s degree programme that you’re applying to
- from a recognised institution of higher education
Make sure you meet all requirementsVisit official programme website
International12000 EUR/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 12000 EUR per year during 24 months.
EU/EEAFreeTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 0 EUR per year during 24 months.
Living costs for Tampere
The living costs include the total expenses per month, covering accommodation, public transportation, utilities (electricity, internet), books and groceries.
Studyportals Tip: Students can search online for independent or external scholarships that can help fund their studies. Check the scholarships to see whether you are eligible to apply. Many scholarships are either merit-based or needs-based.
Double-check all feesVisit official programme website
Apply and win up to €10000 to cover your tuition fees.