The Internet of Things (IoT), 5G/6G mobile communication networks and sensing/radar systems are the three most important application domains. After completing the Wireless Communications and RF Systems, Electrical Engineering programme from Tampere University , students will have extensive competencies and the required fundamental understanding and practical skills to work as an R&D engineer, designer or take on other demanding expert and engineering positions in wireless communications, RF systems, and related industries.
The graduates are typically employed by mobile communication network operators, R&D houses, wireless chipset, device and network vendors, consulting companies and research institutes. Overall, the global mobile communications industry is a massive employer with an annual volume of close to 900 billion USD. The field offers excellent career prospects worldwide.
With the utilisation of the communications infrastructure penetrating into all industry sectors as a result of digitalisation, experts in communications engineering also have a broad range of career prospects, for example, in the smart energy, transportation and automotive industries as well as in different production and manufacturing industries which are outside the basic ICT field. Following the successful completion of the programme, our graduates also eligible to apply for admission to doctoral programmes in Finland or abroad.
Get more detailsVisit official programme website
Programme StructureDepending on your choice of spesialisation, you will gain in-depth knowledge of wireless communications systems, high-frequency/RF circuits and techniques or navigation and positioning as follows:
- focus area in Wireless Systems provides you with a comprehensive understanding of fundamental digital communication techniques and the operating principles of all modern and emerging wireless systems as well as associated transmitter and receiver modules and signal processing methods.
- focus area in Navigation and Positioning provides you with a thorough understanding of and competencies related to positioning systems and devices, including not only satellite-based positioning but also other modern positioning techniques.
- focus area in High Frequency Techniques provides students with a comprehensive understanding of high frequency electronics, circuits and techniques and has a strong focus on relevant electromagnetic phenomena and characteristics.
Check out the full curriculumVisit official programme website
- 24 months
Start dates & application deadlines
- Apply before
Application period: 7 December 2022 – 11 January 2023
DisciplinesElectrical Engineering Web Technologies & Cloud Computing Communications Engineering View 10 other Masters in Web Technologies & Cloud Computing in Finland
Explore more key informationVisit official programme website
We are not aware of any academic requirements for this programme.
Bachelor’s degree - nationally recognized first cycle degree
- an applicable bachelor’s degree at a university or a university of applied sciences in Finland
- a bachelor's degree completed in a university outside Finland which provides eligibility for equivalent University master’s degree studies in the country in which it was awarded. With a minimum scope of 180 ECTS credits, three to four years of full-time study. From a relevant field for the master’s degree programme that you’re applying to. From a recognised institution of higher education.
Make sure you meet all requirementsVisit official programme website
International12000 EUR/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 12000 EUR per year during 24 months.
EU/EEAFreeTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 0 EUR per year during 24 months.
Living costs for Tampere
The living costs include the total expenses per month, covering accommodation, public transportation, utilities (electricity, internet), books and groceries.
Studyportals Tip: Students can search online for independent or external scholarships that can help fund their studies. Check the scholarships to see whether you are eligible to apply. Many scholarships are either merit-based or needs-based.
Double-check all feesVisit official programme website
Apply and win up to €10000 to cover your tuition fees.