The biomedical engineering industry is an increasingly important, global high-tech sector. In Finland, the HealthTech industry is especially strong. With the emergence of numerous small enterprises, the fields of biomedical sciences and engineering are rapidly expanding and offer diverse career options.
During the Biomedical Sciences and Engineering - Biomedical Micro and Nanodevices program offered by Tampere University , You will become familar with advanced technologies at the interface between engineering and health sciences and have the ability to develop innovative solutions to solve these challenges. You will be able to demonstrate critical thinking and professionalism and pursue a career in industry, a hospital or continue your studies towards a doctoral degree. You may also be a natural-born entrepreneur and launch your own start-up.
Students graduating from the Master’s Degree Programme in Biomedical Sciences and Engineering will have versatile career opportunities in multidisciplinary tasks. The programme will educate experts for the future with the ability of lifelong learning.
The major in Biomedical Micro- and Nanodevices gives competitive skills to work in both academy and industry on biomedical and life science areas, but also on fields focused on micromanufacturing. This major provides a good background for postgraduate studies aiming at a doctoral degree, which is highly valued in technology industries nowadays.
Get more detailsVisit official programme website
- Education in the Master’s Programme in Biomedical Sciences and Engineering is based on freedom coupled with personal responsibility. The programme is organised into modules, which partly include optional components so the degree can be customised to suit your needs.
- The programme is organised in this way to bring out the best of each individual. The courses include, but are not limited to, traditional lectures, group work, presentation, laboratory practice, and a small research project.
Check out the full curriculumVisit official programme website
- 24 months
Start dates & application deadlines
- Apply before
DisciplinesBio & Biomedical Engineering Biomedicine General Engineering & Technology View 67 other Masters in General Engineering & Technology in Finland
Explore more key informationVisit official programme website
We are not aware of any academic requirements for this programme.
Bachelor’s degree - nationally recognized first cycle degree
- an applicable bachelor’s degree at a university or a university of applied sciences in Finland
- a bachelor's degree completed in a university outside Finland which provides eligibility for equivalent University master’s degree studies in the country in which it was awarded.
- with a minimum scope of 180 ECTS credits, three to four years of full-time study
- from a relevant field for the master’s degree programme that you’re applying to
- from a recognised institution of higher education
Make sure you meet all requirementsVisit official programme website
International12000 EUR/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 12000 EUR per year during 24 months.
EU/EEAFreeTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 0 EUR per year during 24 months.
Living costs for Tampere
The living costs include the total expenses per month, covering accommodation, public transportation, utilities (electricity, internet), books and groceries.
A substantial number of scholarships are available. With the help of the scholarship programme, Tampere University provides excellent international students with high-quality, yet affordable, education.
Please visit our website for further information.
Studyportals Tip: Students can search online for independent or external scholarships that can help fund their studies. Check the scholarships to see whether you are eligible to apply. Many scholarships are either merit-based or needs-based.
Double-check all feesVisit official programme website
Apply and win up to €10000 to cover your tuition fees.