The biomedical engineering industry is an increasingly important, global high-tech sector. In Finland, the HealthTech industry is especially strong. With the emergence of numerous small enterprises, the fields of biomedical sciences and engineering are rapidly expanding and offer diverse career options.
During the Biomedical Sciences and Engineering - Biomaterials and Tissue Engineering program offered by Tampere University , you will become familar with advanced technologies at the interface between engineering and health sciences and have the ability to develop innovative solutions to solve these challenges. You will be able to demonstrate critical thinking and professionalism and pursue a career in industry, a hospital or continue your studies towards a doctoral degree. You may also be a natural-born entrepreneur and launch your own start-up.
Students graduating from the Master’s Degree Programme in Biomedical Sciences and Engineering have versatile and multidisciplinary career opportunities. The programme educate experts for the future with the ability to pursue lifelong learning.
Our students who major in Biomaterials and Tissue Engineering go on to find employment in companies and research institutions or launch startups that produce biomaterials, for example, for orthopedic and dental use or develop solutions for regenerative medicine with the help of stem cell technology.
Get more detailsVisit official programme website
- The courses available in the major Biomaterials and Tissue Engineering shed light on the roles of cells, biomaterials, biophysical and chemical signals and growth factors in tissue engineering.
- You will also develop an understanding of the ethical and legal considerations of tissue-engineered products in clinical use.
- No minor subject studies are required, as the major subject studies carry at least 50 credits. Instead, you have the freedom to either choose elective courses or any of the available minors.
Check out the full curriculumVisit official programme website
- 24 months
Start dates & application deadlines
- Apply before
DisciplinesBio & Biomedical Engineering Biomedicine General Engineering & Technology View 8 other Masters in Bio & Biomedical Engineering in Finland
Explore more key informationVisit official programme website
We are not aware of any academic requirements for this programme.
Bachelor’s degree - nationally recognized first cycle degree
- an applicable bachelor’s degree at a university or a university of applied sciences in Finland
- a bachelor's degree completed in a university outside Finland which provides eligibility for equivalent University master’s degree studies in the country in which it was awarded.
- with a minimum scope of 180 ECTS credits, three to four years of full-time study
- from a relevant field for the master’s degree programme that you’re applying to
- from a recognised institution of higher education
Make sure you meet all requirementsVisit official programme website
International12000 EUR/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 12000 EUR per year during 24 months.
EU/EEAFreeTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 0 EUR per year during 24 months.
Living costs for Tampere
The living costs include the total expenses per month, covering accommodation, public transportation, utilities (electricity, internet), books and groceries.
A substantial number of scholarships are available. With the help of the scholarship programme, Tampere University provides excellent international students with high-quality, yet affordable, education.
Please visit our website for further information.
Studyportals Tip: Students can search online for independent or external scholarships that can help fund their studies. Check the scholarships to see whether you are eligible to apply. Many scholarships are either merit-based or needs-based.
Double-check all feesVisit official programme website
Apply and win up to €10000 to cover your tuition fees.