You will become familar with advanced technologies at the interface between engineering and health sciences and have the ability to develop innovative solutions to solve these challenges. You will be able to demonstrate critical thinking and professionalism and pursue a career in industry, a hospital or continue your studies towards a doctoral degree. You may also be a natural-born entrepreneur and launch your own start-up.
We maintain close ties with engineering professionals, life scientists and clinicians, and therefore provide optimal exposure for our students. We enjoy an international reputation for our excellent fundamental and translational (from laboratory to clinic) research.
Students graduating from the Biomaterials and Tissue Engineering, Biomedical Sciences and Engineering programme from Tampere University have versatile and multidisciplinary career opportunities. The programme educate experts for the future with the ability to pursue lifelong learning.
Our graduates have employment opportunities in Finnish, European and global health tech companies. The health tech industry is one of the most export-driven industries and therefore needs international graduates. Alternatively, graduates can also embark on a career in academia and continue towards a PhD. Opportunities to pursue a PhD are not only available in Finland but also worldwide, thanks to our faculty's extensive network of international collaborators. The health care service industry ranging from university hospitals to private clinics is one significant employer. There is also a growing need for new talented engineers and researchers to work in the public sector or governmental institutions (patent office, regulations of medical devices, for example). Lastly, in the past decade a growing number of small companies and spin-offs have emerged, opening up ample opportunities to those interested in entrepreneurship.
Get more detailsVisit official programme website
- The courses available in the major Biomaterials and Tissue Engineering shed light on the roles of cells, biomaterials, biophysical and chemical signals and growth factors in tissue engineering.
- You will also develop an understanding of the ethical and legal considerations of tissue-engineered products in clinical use.
- No minor subject studies are required, as the major subject studies carry at least 50 credits. Instead, you have the freedom to either choose elective courses or any of the available minors.
Check out the full curriculumVisit official programme website
- 24 months
Start dates & application deadlines
- Apply before
Application period: 7 December 2022 – 11 January 2023
DisciplinesBio & Biomedical Engineering Biomedicine General Engineering & Technology View 10 other Masters in Biomedicine in Finland
Explore more key informationVisit official programme website
We are not aware of any specific GRE, GMAT or GPA grading score requirements for this programme.
Make sure to cover your health, travel, and stay while studying abroad. Even global coverages can miss important items, so make sure your student insurance ticks all the following:
- Additional medical costs (i.e. dental)
- Repatriation, if something happens to you or your family
- Home contents and baggage
- Legal aid
We partnered with Aon to provide you with the best affordable student insurance, for a carefree experience away from home.Get your student insurance now
Starting from €0.53/day, free cancellation any time.
Remember, countries and universities may have specific insurance requirements. To learn more about how student insurance work at Tampere University and/or in Finland, please visit Student Insurance Portal.
Bachelor’s degree - nationally recognized first cycle degree
- an applicable bachelor’s degree at a university or a university of applied sciences in Finland
- a bachelor's degree completed in a university outside Finland which provides eligibility for equivalent University master’s degree studies in the country in which it was awarded.with a minimum scope of 180 ECTS credits. Three to four years of full-time study. From a relevant field for the master’s degree programme that you’re applying to. From a recognised institution of higher education.
A good command of the English language for academic purposes. For more information, please see Language requirements.
Make sure you meet all requirementsVisit official programme website
International12000 EUR/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 12000 EUR per year during 24 months.
EU/EEAFreeTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 0 EUR per year during 24 months.
Living costs for Tampere
The living costs include the total expenses per month, covering accommodation, public transportation, utilities (electricity, internet), books and groceries.
Studyportals Tip: Students can search online for independent or external scholarships that can help fund their studies. Check the scholarships to see whether you are eligible to apply. Many scholarships are either merit-based or needs-based.
Double-check all feesVisit official programme website
Apply and win up to €10000 to cover your tuition fees.
Apply and win up to €10000 to cover your tuition fees.
Check for any work restrictionsVisit official programme website
In order for us to give you accurate scholarship information, we ask that you please confirm a few details and create an account with us.
Below you will find Master's scholarship opportunities for Biomaterials and Tissue Engineering, Biomedical Sciences and Engineering.
You are eligible to apply for these scholarships but a selection process will still be applied by the provider.