New professions will continue to emerge in both the public and private sectors (public administration, security organisations, businesses and civil society) locally, nationally and globally. The new professions in security, safety and risk management require innovative in-depth knowledge and skills that are based on interdisciplinary approaches and methodologies. Organisations and enterprises need highly qualified professionals with a thorough understanding of security and safety management, safety engineering, risk management, governance and leadership. That is why the Security and Safety Management - Security Governance program offered by Tampere University is more suitable than ever.
The new security and safety and risk management professions and tasks in public administration, security organisations, businesses and civil society require new kind of in-depth knowledge and skills based on interdisciplinary approaches and methodologies. Local, regional, national, European and global organisations will need new highly qualified professionals who understand societal and human security as well as safety and risk management in the complex social, political and technological environment.
Get more detailsVisit official programme website
- The Master’s Degree Programme in Security and Safety Management is a unique combination of technological and social scientific approaches. The insightful programme provides students with a solid understanding of safety and security management, risk management, governance and leadership.
- The studies consist of joint programme studies in Security and Safety Management, intermediate studies in governance of security, and elective studies in a chosen area. Students may freely select their additional module (minor) to direct their expertise towards a desired career path or a field of interest.
Check out the full curriculumVisit official programme website
- 24 months
Start dates & application deadlines
- Apply before
DisciplinesManagement, Organisation & Leadership IT Security Terrorism & Security View 10 other Masters in IT Security in Finland
Explore more key informationVisit official programme website
We are not aware of any academic requirements for this programme.
Bachelor’s degree - nationally recognized first cycle degree*
- which corresponds to at least 180 ECTS (European credits) or to three years of full-time study
- from a relevant field for the Master’s degree programme that you’re applying to
- from an recognised institution of higher education
- The Bachelor’s degree completed in a university outside Finland must provide eligibility for university-level master’s degree studies in the country in which it was awarded.
AND a good command of the English language for academic purposes.
Make sure you meet all requirementsVisit official programme website
International12000 EUR/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 12000 EUR per year during 24 months.
EU/EEAFreeTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 0 EUR per year during 24 months.
Living costs for Tampere
The living costs include the total expenses per month, covering accommodation, public transportation, utilities (electricity, internet), books and groceries.
Studyportals Tip: Students can search online for independent or external scholarships that can help fund their studies. Check the scholarships to see whether you are eligible to apply. Many scholarships are either merit-based or needs-based.
Double-check all feesVisit official programme website
Apply and win up to €10000 to cover your tuition fees.