New professions will continue to emerge in both the public and private sectors (public administration, security organisations, businesses and civil society) locally, nationally and globally. The new professions in security, safety and risk management require innovative in-depth knowledge and skills that are based on interdisciplinary approaches and methodologies.
Organisations and enterprises need highly qualified professionals with a thorough understanding of security and safety management, safety engineering, risk management, governance and leadership. This is why the Security and Safety Management - Safety Management and Engineering program offered by Tampere University is the ideal degree to have at the moment.
Possible job titles of our graduates are, for example:
- HSEQ manager
- Occupational safety specialist
- Risk manager
- Safety engineer
- Safety manager
- Safety officer
- System safety engineer
Get more detailsVisit official programme website
- The Master’s Degree Programme in Security and Safety Management is a unique combination of technological and social scientific approaches. The insightful programme provides students with a solid understading of safety and security management, risk management, governance and leadership.
- The studies consist of joint programme studies in Security and Safety Management, intermediate studies in Safety Management and Engineering, and elective studies in a chosen area (students pursuing a master's degree in technology are also required to complete an additional study module).
Check out the full curriculumVisit official programme website
- 24 months
Start dates & application deadlines
- Apply before
DisciplinesManagement, Organisation & Leadership IT Security Terrorism & Security View 4 other Masters in Terrorism & Security in Finland
Explore more key informationVisit official programme website
We are not aware of any academic requirements for this programme.
Bachelor’s degree - nationally recognized first cycle degree
- an applicable bachelor’s degree at a university or a university of applied sciences in Finland
- a bachelor's degree completed in a university outside Finland which provides eligibility for equivalent University master’s degree studies in the country in which it was awarded.
- with a minimum scope of 180 ECTS credits, three to four years of full-time study
- from a relevant field for the master’s degree programme that you’re applying to
- from a recognised institution of higher education
Make sure you meet all requirementsVisit official programme website
International12000 EUR/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 12000 EUR per year during 24 months.
EU/EEAFreeTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 0 EUR per year during 24 months.
Living costs for Tampere
The living costs include the total expenses per month, covering accommodation, public transportation, utilities (electricity, internet), books and groceries.
Studyportals Tip: Students can search online for independent or external scholarships that can help fund their studies. Check the scholarships to see whether you are eligible to apply. Many scholarships are either merit-based or needs-based.
Double-check all feesVisit official programme website
Apply and win up to €10000 to cover your tuition fees.