The Techniques for Performance module accompanying the repertory module (and compulsory for performers route) focuses on excellence in contemporary dance performance involving daily technical training in various dance techniques including release and contemporary techniques, contact improvisation, pilates and Ballet work. This module normally runs autumn and spring semesters.
The MA Performance Dance operates in the context of a professional performance programme and a series of presentations by visiting artists and researchers.
Guest lecturers on the MA have included practitioners and curators all working at the edges of dance research.
There are also opportunities to engage in cutting-edge research with interactive technologies or to market yourself professionally as an artist using DVD and website technologies.
More informationVisit official programme website
The MA in performance includes three core modules: Repertory, Techniques for Performance and Dissertation plus one optional module.
The postgraduate diploma includes two core modules: Repertory and Techniques for Performance and an optional module.
- Repertory Module:
- Techniques for Performance Module:
Start dates & application deadlines
- Deadline passed, National
- Deadline passed, International
DisciplinesTheatre & Dance View 174 other Masters in Theatre & Dance in United Kingdom
We are not aware of any academic requirements for this programme.
- Personal Statement – A written piece of about yourself; why you have chosen the course you are applying for, and why you want to come to the University of Chichester
- Copies of Qualifications to date – Translated into English
- Proof of English Language Level – If English is not your first language
- Two academic references
- For a Music course we will need a DVD of a musical performance for 5 minutes long. We also require an academic essay written in English.
- For Dance we need a web link of two performances, one of which should be contemporary and at least three minutes long. We also require an academic essay written in English.
International10650 GBP/yearTuition FeeBased on the original amount of 10650 GBP per year and a duration of .
EU/EEA10650 GBP/yearTuition FeeBased on the original amount of 10650 GBP per year and a duration of .
Studyportals Tip: Students can search online for independent or external scholarships that can help fund their studies. Check the scholarships to see whether you are eligible to apply. Many scholarships are either merit-based or needs-based.
Apply and win up to €6000 to cover your tuition fees.
Due for update
Updated over a year ago
Check the official programme website for potential updates.