Students are taught by working industry professionals and great emphasis is placed upon working to real-world briefs, to real-world deadlines and in a professional environment within a state of the art media technology facility.
For the first 12 months (24 for P/T) students will engage with lectures, research, analysis and skills development classes as they further develop their specialist and collaborative understanding. They will also be taught through technical and creative workshops and project development sessions. All will all be a part of the normal timetables activities. You will also be expected to undertake independent study and practical individual and group work outside of the timetabled sessions.
Students will learn to process critical notes, to iterate their work and deliver a finished product on time, on budget and on brief. They will work collaboratively with post-graduate composers, directors, screenwriters and producers and they will have the opportunity to contribute to professional projects.
The degree programme will allow for study in:
- Sound Design
- Producing/Production Management
- Picture Editing
- Covering Story craft in Film, TV Drama, Advertising and Gaming
More informationVisit official programme website
- Shot Composition: Designing the image
- Production Operations
- Specialist Craft Study
- Collaborative Project: Commissioned Film
- Research and the Industry
- Independent Study: Specialist Project or Research Project
- 18 months
Start dates & application deadlines
- StartingApplication deadline not specified.
DisciplinesFilm, Photography & Media View 302 other Masters in Film, Photography & Media in United Kingdom
We are not aware of any academic requirements for this programme.
- Personal Statement – A written piece of about yourself; why you have chosen the course you are applying for, and why you want to come to the University of Chichester
- Copies of Qualifications to date – Translated into English
- Proof of English Language Level – If English is not your first language
- Two academic references
- For a Music course we will need a DVD of a musical performance for 5 minutes long. We also require an academic essay written in English.
- For Dance we need a web link of two performances, one of which should be contemporary and at least three minutes long. We also require an academic essay written in English.
International13600 GBP/yearTuition FeeBased on the original amount of 13600 GBP per year and a duration of 18 months.
EU/EEA8160 GBP/yearTuition FeeBased on the original amount of 8160 GBP per year and a duration of 18 months.
Studyportals Tip: Students can search online for independent or external scholarships that can help fund their studies. Check the scholarships to see whether you are eligible to apply. Many scholarships are either merit-based or needs-based.
Apply and win up to €6000 to cover your tuition fees.
Due for update
Updated over a year ago
Check the official programme website for potential updates.