The Piano Pedagogy Concentration program at University of Saint Thomas Saint Paul places emphasis on practical aspects of teaching elementary, intermediate and advanced students to develop their musicianship and technical skills.In this program, students will
- Sharpen and improve personal competence in performance on the piano
- Learn the principles of a healthy and effective technique and how to develop it in students
- Broaden understanding of music history, theory, and historic piano performance practices
- Develop a good working knowledge of literature for the piano, as well as specific piano teaching methods, sources, and editions available
- Gain insights into individual learning styles and performance psychology
- Gain pedagogical insights into the pedagogy of sight-reading, improvisation, keyboard theory, practicing, and expressive interpretation
- Discover new applications for existing expertise
- Expand organizational skills in areas of studio policy, goal-setting, and curriculum development
- Discover the commonality of the goals and techniques shared by all music educators
- Teaching and learning,
- Foundations of Music Education
- Perspectives in Music Theory
- Dalcroze Musicianship
- Musicianship & Ensemble
- Performance Studies - Piano
- Elementary Piano Materials & Teaching Techniques
- Intermediate Piano Materials & Teaching Techniques
- Supervised Teaching
- 12 months
Start dates & application deadlines
- Apply before
- Apply before
DisciplinesMusic View 1037 other Masters in Music in United States
We are not aware of any academic requirements for this programme.
- Completed application.
- Three confidential letters of recommendation from individuals with knowledge of the applicant's relevant abilities and achievements. At least one must be from a former professor.
- A personal statement of no more than 500 words describing the applicant's interest in art history and reasons for pursuing graduate studies at St. Thomas.
- A writing sample showing research and writing expertise (sample will not be returned).
International20625 USD/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 625 USD per credit during 12 months.
National20625 USD/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 625 USD per credit during 12 months.
Living costs for Saint Paul
The living costs include the total expenses per month, covering accommodation, public transportation, utilities (electricity, internet), books and groceries.
Studyportals Tip: Students can search online for independent or external scholarships that can help fund their studies. Check the scholarships to see whether you are eligible to apply. Many scholarships are either merit-based or needs-based.
Apply and win up to €10000 to cover your tuition fees.