Heriot-Watt University is proud to be the first university in the UAE to make available to international students an MSc in Network Security with such advanced topics.
The aim of both the Network Security programme from Heriot-Watt University Dubai is to provide the graduates with the fundamental knowledge and practical skills required for a Network Security-related professional position in an organisation.
New career opportunities and prospects for career enhancement are both excellent. Security vulnerabilities, and hence countermeasures, appear on a daily basis. The new security threats target industry, commerce and the public sector resulting in an increasing demand for experts who can design, implement and maintain secure infrastructures.
- Computer Network Security
- Industrial Programming
- Advanced Network Security
- Research Methods and Project Planning
- Network Applications
- Mobile Communications and Programming
- Database and Information Systems
- 12 months
- 24 months
Start dates & application deadlines
- StartingApply anytime.
- StartingApply anytime.
- January intake is for part-time students only.
- Most students apply 6–10 months in advance of their chosen intake. We can accept applications up until 3 weeks before the start of each intake
DisciplinesComputer Sciences IT Security Cyber Security View 24 other Masters in Computer Sciences in United Arab Emirates
- Entry requires a good honours degree (first or second class) that includes substantial academic and practical knowledge of computing and IT.
- Candidates holding a little less than a good honours degree or its equivalent but with compensating qualifications or experience may be admitted to the Postgraduate Diploma programme. Transfer to the MSc will be possible later on if exam and coursework performance are at MSc level.
International23239 EUR/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 23239 EUR for the full programme during 12 months.
National23239 EUR/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 23239 EUR for the full programme during 12 months.
Living costs for Dubai
The living costs include the total expenses per month, covering accommodation, public transportation, utilities (electricity, internet), books and groceries.
Studyportals Tip: Students can search online for independent or external scholarships that can help fund their studies. Check the scholarships to see whether you are eligible to apply. Many scholarships are either merit-based or needs-based.
Apply and win up to €10000 to cover your tuition fees.