The Information Technology (Software Systems) programme from Heriot-Watt University Dubai is concerned with the use and application of information technology in the specification, design, development and deployment of software. Throughout the programme, you will implement software solutions to remedy practical problems and put into practice the theoretical concepts learned in lectures.
As well as studying core software engineering topics, like Java programming and UML specification of object oriented systems, you will follow a range of other courses such as Databases and Network Applications.
New career opportunities and prospects for career enhancement are both excellent. The continued growth in new technologies, network services, mobile applications and handheld devices in industry, commerce and the public sector is increasing the demand for experts who can design, implement and manage software systems.
- Database and Information Systems
- Network Applications
- Research Methods and Project Planning
- Computer Network Security
- Data Visualisation Analytics
- e-Commerce Technology
- 12 months
- 24 months
Start dates & application deadlines
- StartingApply anytime.
- StartingApply anytime.
- January intake is for part-time students only.
DisciplinesInformatics & Information Sciences General Engineering & Technology Software Engineering View 14 other Masters in Software Engineering in United Arab Emirates
- For MSc entry, a good relevant Honours degree (first or second class) or equivalent overseas qualifications will be considered. Given the clear practical element of the programmes, we will also consider non-graduate candidates holding less than a good Honours degree, or its equivalent, but with compensating qualifications or experience may be admitted to the Postgraduate Diploma programme. Transfer to the MSc will be possible later on if exams and course work are at MSc level.
International20385 EUR/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 20385 EUR for the full programme during 12 months.
National20385 EUR/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 20385 EUR for the full programme during 12 months.
Living costs for Dubai
The living costs include the total expenses per month, covering accommodation, public transportation, utilities (electricity, internet), books and groceries.
Studyportals Tip: Students can search online for independent or external scholarships that can help fund their studies. Check the scholarships to see whether you are eligible to apply. Many scholarships are either merit-based or needs-based.
Apply and win up to €10000 to cover your tuition fees.
Updated in the last 3 months
Check the official programme website for potential updates.