In composition, there is no particular house style, but we are well known for a number of areas, including:
- acoustic music, ranging from solo to symphonic scale;
- electro-acoustic, including acousmatic composition, live electronics, and mixed forms with instrument/voice;
- composition exploring the interface of Western and non-Western traditions.
A significant number of graduates from this programme develop careers in higher education or work on high-level research projects in the field of music; some graduates take up careers as composers and musicians.
Get more detailsVisit official programme website
- Music, politics and society
- Music as performance
- Old Hispanic Office Research Project
- Beyond East and West Research Project
- Regional Rap in Post-Devolution Britain Project
Check out the full curriculumVisit official programme website
- 24 months
- 48 months
Start dates & application deadlines
- Apply before
- Apply before
DisciplinesMusic Music History Liberal Arts View 300 other Masters in Liberal Arts in United Kingdom
Explore more key informationVisit official programme website
- An upper second-class degree or international equivalent, plus a portfolio of representative compositions. Please note, acceptance will also depend on evidence of a suitable level of professional accomplishment.
Make sure you meet all requirementsVisit official programme website
International19500 GBP/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 19500 GBP per year during 24 months.
National4565 GBP/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 4565 GBP per year during 24 months.
- UK: part-time - £2,283
Living costs for Bristol
The living costs include the total expenses per month, covering accommodation, public transportation, utilities (electricity, internet), books and groceries.
Studyportals Tip: Students can search online for independent or external scholarships that can help fund their studies. Check the scholarships to see whether you are eligible to apply. Many scholarships are either merit-based or needs-based.
Double-check all feesVisit official programme website
Apply and win up to €10000 to cover your tuition fees.