Modern civil engineering professionals often require an extensive understanding of construction management due to the strategic benefits it can bring to both individuals and project teams.
As the industry becomes more competitive, organisations and their clients are increasingly demanding the combined time, cost and quality assurances that good project management practice provides. Furthermore, the industry now recognises that there is a need for engineers to gain specialist technical knowledge that complements their academic and professional background.
Project and dissertation
After successfully completing the taught elements, MSc Civil Engineering and Construction Management students at Heriot-Watt University Dubai embark on an independent research project that leads to the production of a dissertation. To qualify for the award of the MSc, the student must receive a pass mark for the dissertation.
This degree is accredited as meeting the requirements for further learning for a Chartered Engineer (CEng) for candidates who have already acquired a partial CEng (BEng) accredited undergraduate degree. See the Joint Board of Moderators (JBM) for further information.
Get more detailsVisit official programme website
- Project Management: Theory and Practice
- Value and Risk Management
- Ground Engineering
- Design and Analysis of Tall Steel Buildings
- Environmental Hydrology and Water Resources
- Sustainability in Civil Engineering (non-technical)
- Project Management: Strategic Issues
Check out the full curriculumVisit official programme website
- 12 months
- 24 months
Start dates & application deadlines
- StartingApply anytime.
- StartingApply anytime.
DisciplinesCivil Engineering & Construction Construction Management View 28 other Masters in Civil Engineering & Construction in United Arab Emirates
Explore more key informationVisit official programme website
- For MSc entry, a good relevant Honours degree (first or second class) or equivalent overseas qualifications will be considered. Given the clear practical element of the programmes, we will also consider non-graduate candidates holding less than a good Honours degree, or its equivalent, but with compensating qualifications or experience may be admitted to the Postgraduate Diploma programme. Transfer to the MSc will be possible later on if exams and course work are at MSc level.
Make sure you meet all requirementsVisit official programme website
International20385 EUR/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 20385 EUR for the full programme during 12 months.
National20385 EUR/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 20385 EUR for the full programme during 12 months.
Living costs for Dubai
The living costs include the total expenses per month, covering accommodation, public transportation, utilities (electricity, internet), books and groceries.
Studyportals Tip: Students can search online for independent or external scholarships that can help fund their studies. Check the scholarships to see whether you are eligible to apply. Many scholarships are either merit-based or needs-based.
Double-check all feesVisit official programme website
Apply and win up to €10000 to cover your tuition fees.